How You Can Learn To Script And Progress

Hello, I am a beginner scripter but what I am doing now is seeming to help me progress much more faster at scripting.

How i started learning scripting was analyzing code in open sourced code where you can find in free models and the internet. When I don’t understand a piece of code I look it up so I can understand it much more better. Analyzing code can make you have a better understanding on how different api’s can be used and manipulated. When i have a little bit of knowledge i would try making something. I tried making a game and it honestly did not work out at all. There were a bunch of errors and I did not know what was going on.

When I come across a situation like this. what i would do is go to the youtuber AlvinBlox or others but him specifically. I would look at his tutorials on how to make this and that. I would not just be blindly watching and following the tutorial. I would listen closely as he told me what the code would do and how it would function and i would also be following the tutorial with him to get some hands on experience too and i would rewatch the tutorial again to remember or understand the things that i didn’t.

But if you were wondering where you could learn the basics of coding. I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you visit the website: Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub wich will contain Coding Fundamentals | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub.

Summary: the KEYS to roblox coding is to learn the basics and continue on from there and DO NOT be afraid to experiment on what you have learnt. If you don’t know how to make it look it up. REMEMBER THIS the more you program, and experiment the more you would progress in coding.

1 Like