How you make a map look futuristic?

I am making a future game but i don’t find the right colors and surface materials .If anyone can help me it would me a lot to me!

2 Likes

Hey bro this is the wrong category you just gotta change it help and feedback building support :).

Anyways bro I’d say in futuristic stuff use some neon I’ve found neon very useful for futuristic builds! That’s all I can help you with lol I’m not that experienced with building.

1 Like

umm how to change it?
can u tell?

1 Like

is it changed now? i think it is and thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Yes it’s changed but I would recommend putting it in building support not game design. For building support is more popular and will get more professional builders helping u.

neon lighting on edges of walls and stuff

I am primarily a Sci-Fi builder.
In my eyes, there are two different Sci-Fi styles to a build; Modern and Industrial.

Industrial Sci-Fi is usually darker, more grimy, and gives your build a glooming feel. To make it an Industrial build, I suggest adding pipes and sharpe/unusual angels with concrete, metal, and diamond plate materials in a range of darker colors. You should primarily use colors like Dark Stone Grey. Put little neon, but still use it for accents in either your color theme of choice or a grey. If your build looks good enough, it might not even need neon in the first place.

A Modern build is much more exotic and clean. Modern builds usually use curves rather than straight angels, but they can use straight angels as well. Modern color palettes are also normally fairly bright, utilizing white, neon, and sometimes grey a lot. Buildings should have larger neon strips (be sure to lower the bloom) of a theme color of choice and/or a greyscale color - anything works, really. Modern builds can be (arguably) more difficult to put detail into, but entirely possible.

I usually stick to a color ‘theme’ where a majority of builds in a place are accented with a specific color (Red, Blue, Green, Purple, etc works, just NO grey scale colors). This isn’t always needed; for example, if you wanted to make a city you would want to give buildings their own unique color palette.

Just a reminder; Use black extremely sparingly. Do not use Roblox’s default ‘Really Black’ or ‘Black’ as they can make your build cartoony.

These are all just suggestions, of course - don’t feel like you’re forced to stick to a specific style.

TL;DR
Sci-Fi builds can be very differing in style, but the primary takeaway is the use of basic materials (Concrete, Neon, Smooth Plastic, Metal, Diamond Plate, sometimes wood.) and complex shapes. There is no real definition of ‘Futuristic’ in the design sense, so experiment and play around with what you think looks best.

Happy building.

3 Likes

This is more about how you should approach a build rather than what you should do in this specific instance - as that was very well covered by @PhoenixCraft99.

Open

Before you begin any project the absolute first thing you should always do is find references,
this can be done by simply typing a few keywords into google and looking at images.
This is probably the most important part of creating anything, it gives you an idea of what you want to aim for and what choices you want to make.

Never have just one image, go for a minimum of 5 depending on what you are creating. Make sure they show different times (if its a city or generally a “map” of any kind where daylight is a factor), locations, angles, colors.

After finding reference images that represent what you want to create, make sure it’s realistic for the program you are using - meaning: don’t get a bunch of images of complex curves if all you are using is studio. It would be unrealistic to try and achieve something complex using tools that were not designed for the task. This does not mean completely limit yourself however, just make sure you find the right balance so it is still challenging but not impossible.

woah thanks for a brief explanation .it means a lot to me!

thanks you soo much i will try to find something good on google!