How's the start of my game?

I’m making a side scroller and didn’t know how to do screen gui for the 3 2 1 Go so I did this and will use it forever from now on: 3 2 1 GO! - YouTube

What can I improve on?

5 Likes

Honestly, there is not much going on😅but I’ll try to give some feedback.

First, the parts falling down for the countdown seems like a cool idea although it seems like you just have 4 parts unanchored lol so I don’t think it’s an accurate countdown. I’m not exactly sure how you could improve it, using something like tweens could help instead of just having 4 parts fall very fast.

Second, not sure how much experience you have, but watching a tutorial series like this one could help with making a 2D game if you haven’t done one before. I’m pretty sure Roblox even has an example game.

And that’s probably all I have to say.
Good luck with your game!

2 Likes

Ok, thank you! I don’t have mush experience and I don’t know how to use tweens so I’ll check out that tutorial.

1 Like

i think you can try making things for starter you know

more background detail, lively feel and ambience if necessary, entertaining and interesting unique concepts that’ll appetize the players to play it longer which can profit your game’s popularity and even benefit from premium payoff if you want

anyways, the start of your game has some potentials and i suggest using lerp for the next approaching things you’ll add to your game like moving platforms, kill blocks, fading platforms, shooting platforms, healing platforms, explosive platforms, camouflage platforms and boss platforms if you’re insane enough lol

since i asked why you should use lerp, it’s a very good idea for smoothening CFrame things as in the video, your 3 2 1 GO! introduction fall blocks was very bouncy and fast in the air like some confettis with weight, lerp also stands for linear interpolation which describes it’s smoothness and usability, i suggest learning more about it if you haven’t, watch some tips on increasing your game’s detail and design so it can get the support it deserves

1 Like

Cool, thanks! I’ll add more detail and use lerp! I tried to slow the fall but for some reason I couldn’t change the mass on the last block so that’s why I left it, hopefully this works!

the 3 2 1 go thing is very fast, jittery, random, and unnatural. i dont like why its a part, make it gui

1 Like