HSR System improperly chops off important body geometry

Reproduction Steps
Currently, as of 3/2/22 (the functional release of layered clothing), layered clothing’s HSR system chops off important body geometry on some packages. From tails, to wings, and more, it all gets chopped off when it shouldn’t. In a very detailed feature request, I explained why this is an issue and why it should not occur with the HSR system.

Here’s some examples of the HSR system removing body geometry, when it shouldn’t.

Crimson Claw body:

• Tail spikes disappear
  • Wings disappear
  • Tail disappears completely

Frost Tooth the Frozen body:

• Tail disappears
  • Right wing gets cut up

Emerald Claw the Envious body:

• Right wing disappears
  • Tail spikes disappear

Ancient Dragon body:

• Tail spikes disappear
  • Leg spikes disappear
  • Tail tip disappears

I’ve included a repro place file below that contains two versions of each bundle in question : one with layered clothing displaying the HSR issues, and one with no clothing. For convenience, they are paired next to eachother.

LC_HSRIssue_Repro.rbxl (177.1 KB)

Expected Behavior
It is expected that the HSR system would not chop off body geometry that would otherwise be visible or poking through clothing.

Actual Behavior
The HSR system chops off body geometry that should not be hidden.

Workaround
None

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-03-02 00:03:00 (-05:00)

10 Likes

Thank you for the report, the team will investigate when they re-adjust the bundle cages and HSR data

And thank you again for your patience

4 Likes

Hi @V4_Ap3Dud3! As it’s been about a year since this post has been made, I was wondering if there was any updates on this?

This issue still happens with various packages / bundles with a good amount of clothing pieces.

1 Like

Hello @Noble_Draconian - yes, we have some changes coming up soon(ish) to help fix that. Appreciate the patience with this issue, as we have been working to balance the timing of the different releases and fixes for LC issues.

Thank you for the support and the patience.

4 Likes

No worries, thank you for the response! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just giving this a bump, this issue still occurs pretty frequently.

2 Likes

Hi all!

I would also like to bump this. We have this issue pretty frequent as well on Barbie Dreamhouse Tycoon, which is a absolute killer for us.

Could we please get an update about this issue; it has been reported at March '22 and makes layered clothing a pain. Let me know if you need any more information then the OP already provided.

@V4_Ap3Dud3 would appreciate a proper update. Last one dates from March 14.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your patience, and we definitely understand wanting to get this issue resolved. We have been waiting to be able to enable the fix for this issue, but due to a lot of competing priorities it got delayed. We are aiming to be able to release it early next year. We understand the frustration, as we share some of it too, but had to make choice on priorities.

Thank you for understanding as well, the issue has not been forgotten.

2 Likes

This also occurs with layered clothing and official roblox bundles. I wonder if this should be reported as a catalogue asset bug?
I’ve only experienced this with one bundle, and that’s Blazeburner. When wearing clothing covering the upper torso, the clothing sinks in and the geometry disappears in that area. Part of the lower torso also clips through the clothing. The entire head cage seems to be non-existant which causes this.