HTML/CSS Parsing and Visualising

Im trying to make what is technically a viewport for a wiki.
I want to bring the wiki source code into Roblox and make it load like a typical browser.

I’ve already learnt how to use http service to get both the wiki page source code and the css code, but I haven’t figured out how to translate it into Roblox to be able to format it into a frame.

I just want to know if its possible and if theres any resources I can use that makes it any easier

Btw the wiki uses miraheze.

1 Like

Your problem is too easy just follow the tips

Here are some tips that could help:

1. HTTP Requests: Use Roblox’s HttpService to make GET requests to fetch HTML and CSS from the Miraheze wiki.

2. Parsing HTML/CSS: Since Roblox doesn’t directly support HTML/CSS, you might need to write a parser. Look into string manipulation functions or use libraries that can simplify handling HTML and styling.

3. Rendering in Roblox: You’ll have to convert HTML/CSS to Roblox GUI elements. This involves manually translating styles like font sizes, colors, margins, and paddings into Roblox equivalents.

4. Open Source Libraries: Check online communities or GitHub for potential libraries/scripts other developers might have used for similar purposes.

5. Roblox Developer Hub: This might offer useful guides or APIs that could streamline fetching and displaying external data.

6. Testing and Debugging: Regularly test your implementation and use Roblox’s output and developer console for debugging.

1 Like

I recognize a ChatGPT answer when I see it.

Aren’t there parser modules built for this on the forum or whatnot?

1 Like

Thats my problem basically, all of the ones I have found dont make it any easier for me to understand, I suck at html code.

I dont use CHATGPT because i don’t love to uss AI in my tasks

1 Like

Give me your Roblox username i will do the script for you

I dont see why you need my username when you can post scripts here
Also my username is displayed right there

Based on the grammar difference you clearly do.

It won’t make it easier for you to actually make a parser of your own. You’d need to learn HTML first and then try to convert it to Lua.

I could do that, but Im just making sure if theres not already something