HttpError: TlsVerificationFail

Reproduction Steps

When I buy a devproduct (cash) in my game i don’t get the cash anymore. This is the error I only get sometimes but it never gives me the cash.

Other error I have in my other game which uses the same system and also doesn’t work anymore:

I have no idea on how to fix that and I don’t want my game to be reported for scamming. I didn’t change anything related to devproducts or any scripts in connection with that for months and I know it worked until maybe today or yesterday (Received the first reports today)

Expected Behavior
There shouldn’t be an error and players should get the cash (it’s not a script issue)

Actual Behavior
Like, I said something there’s an error with the HTTP, I don’t know what it means but I can say it isn’t an issue on my end because I haven’t changed the scripts.

Issue Area: Roblox Client, Roblox Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Really High
Frequency: Constantly when attempting to buy a devproduct
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-09

Game: Candy Store Tycoon [CARS] - Roblox

Edit: Other devs reported me that players can’t buy gamepasses in their games. Not an issue on my end, there’s something broken in the roblox systems probably.

7 Likes

I get the same error in studio when anytime player tries to quit the game (Stop pressed). Game freezes for 20-30 seconds and HTTP Unknown Error (TlsVerificationFailed) comes out in the output.
I also got the same error when just opening a place in studio, without actually pressing Play

Have been using DataStore2 for a year now without any issues, I am 100% sure I have no mistakes or anything that might cause this in my scripts.

P.S. Spent 2 hours going through all my scripts 1 by 1, disabling them and then testing, drove me crazy. Turned out all for nothing, not an error on my side. Realized that only when the error popped out just opening the place. Day greatly spent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for flagging!

5 Likes

A lot of services are currently not working. HTTP calls are failing and DataStore API’s as well.

Additionally, player’s character are not loading…
This has been happening since yesterday

3 Likes

hey all - there seems to be multiple issues in this thread that aren’t related to the original topic. I would highly urge creating new topics, or adding to ones that are relevant to the error you’re seeing as they do get bubbled up to the appropriate team based on the original topic. when issues are conflated in a single thread, it’s a lot tougher for us to make sure that the problems are resolved. I’ll try to address some of the issues posted here but please start new threads (especially for Studio not opening!)

thank you!

3 Likes

hey folks - I wanted to follow up on this thread. are y’all still experiencing issues?

1 Like

from an hour ago, I’ve been getting this error every time I try to launch studio :frowning:

to clarify (since we’ve had some other issues reported), are you seeing the HttpError: TlsVerificationFail error specifically?

I’ll PM you

3 Likes

I’m closing this thread since the issue has been resolved via DMs!

1 Like