HttpService warning with suspicious domain

Getting this in studio, another person confirmed the same thing has just appeared for them as well with a very similar scriptGuid The domain is parked but redirects to somewhat disconcerting hash string named domains. I was unable to locate this string in my plugins; leading me to speculate that ‘dummy.com’ could be a poorly chosen placeholder used somewhere internally.

scriptGuid value censored because I have no clue what the source string is and don’t want to accidentally leak any compromising data.

10 Likes

I’m unable to reproduce this, have you tried disabling all your current plugins and seeing if the same thing pops up? I reckon if it were from Roblox internally they’d never tell you to enable HTTPService nor would they need it for their requests.

After digging deeper, I’ve discovered this url appearing any time I mouse hover over a source hyperlinked log kicked by a plugin.

Seems like “dummy dot com” is being used as a placeholder for the source container hyperlink, and is not being properly removed or routed due to running plugin scripts being inaccessible.

dummy.com is a test domain that redirects back to your own IP. There’s no real risk associated with this bug because of that.

You’re right that it’s an issue with plugin output though. Hopefully Roblox will resolve this.

I wouldn’t worry too much about sharing ScriptGuids incidentally. They’re more or less hashes of the source of a script and there’s no way to reverse them as far as I know. You can see that when you save a script as an rbxml file from Studio and open the resulting xml in a text editor.

I’m also the creator of what (based upon the warning) looks to be my Serializer plugin. In hindsight I can see why someone may be concerned when they see that so I’ll change it in the future to make it more clear where it’s coming from.

First screencap is in fact Instance Serializer. This tool-tip is appearing for every plugin output without a linked source line to navigate to, but curiously having a copy of the plugin sitting in the datamodel will link the running plugin’s log with the correct line in the copy. Is the script guid just an address on my local machine called over ‘rbxopenscript’ protocol?

That’s a good question honestly. I’m not sure.

dummy.com is not important here. It could just as easily be example.com, roblox.com, youtube.com or whatever. What matters here is the protocol - rbxopenscript, which ROBLOX studio catches when you click the link, rather than opening your browser. It reads the scriptGuid query parameter and directs you there. ROBLOX decided to use URLs for this purpose so they could use normal links to refer to scripts.

4 Likes

You know how to remove it?
I have the same problem and I can’t open my toolbox

1 Like

I can’t open the toolbox right now as well. Someone needs to submit a bug report about that.

1 Like

oh thank god i thought it was my laptop so its a bug then.

1 Like

1 Like

Roblox fixed the issue i think

Yes they fixed the issue i got my toolbox back