Huge Log Files

I got a notification from my computer telling me that I had 110 MB left of space on my C:/ drive.

The previous day I had around 550GB of space free on my drive.

I was confused, and looked around my folders to find the source of this bizarreness, eventually finding that the ROBLOX log file folder had over 500GB worth of files on it. It turns out there were 3 log files that each had a size of over 150GB each.

I’d appreciate it if the log files didn’t become so bizarrely massive and I’d appreciate this issue being fixed!

Are they all in the RbxLogs folder, by chance?

They were in C:\Users—\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs

They were in C:\Users—\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs[/quote]Interesting, a few years ago it was the LocalLow\RbxLogs folder that was being problematic [sup][ source post ][/sup], I believe they fixed that - but it’s interesting that the Local\Roblox\Logs folder is the culprit this time.

My Local\Roblox\Logs folder only seems to be 135 MB, but I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be around that size normally.

They were in C:\Users—\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs[/quote]Interesting, a few years ago it was the LocalLow\RbxLogs folder that was being problematic [sup][ source post ][/sup], I believe they fixed that - but it’s interesting that the Local\Roblox\Logs folder is the culprit this time.

My Local\Roblox\Logs folder only seems to be 135 MB, but I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be around that size normally.[/quote]

It’s never done this before so I’m a bit confused as to what might have happened.

They were in C:\Users—\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs[/quote]
That folder shouldn’t be a problem. It’s one of the few folders that Roblox actually cleans out - it holds LocalScript errors, Ogre3D logs, and general roblox reporting so each session can be pretty big if you join a game that has problems or prints(“Hello, world!”) a couple thousand times. Roblox purges all sessions older then ~10 joins though, so just removing the gigantic files and leaving the permissions be should be all you need to do.
I am curious on why your log files were so gigantic though…
On the other hand, there is a folder that the Roblox browser plugin uses that create a text file every minute containing 3 lines of text that is never ever collected and becomes a very big problem if you don’t disable permissions on it. It might be fixed by now though.

500GB of logs?

That’s insane.

Yeh, I had to delete thousands of files from that location before. Might have even been hundreds of thousands.

1 Like

For me it wasn’t quantity that was problematic so I suppose this is another issue that should be addressed.

I have always had it in this folder.
C:\Users—\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs

And it’s getting to big, so i have had to right click, property and then compromize it and make write protection, but roblox keeps putting logs in it anyway…
Right at this moment, i got 508 log files…

They don’t take much space, now as i compremize it, but now it only takes 1kB each file.