Huge Updates On My Sonic Engine!

“Wooooosh”

“Wooooosh”

“Wooooosh”

“Wooooosh”
Basically he’s over twice as fast now!
Other than that there has been literally 100s of updates, to collision, to sensors, to levels, to graphics to animation…tbh i dunno what hasnt been updated…This time round I Really need to get some testing done on the leaderboards and timers tho as im very worried about latency… So please give the game a try and try and set the fastest time for clearing the zone. It would help development!
Lots more quality of life changes coming soon, like a reset button and end of level scorecard, as well as starting and finishing line effect.
Hope you are all doing Great!

10 Likes

This is cool but do you not have any concerns for copyright?

6 Likes

First impression on the game:

Controls feel a bit sluggish, and the spindash doesn’t seem super reliable, but still not bad. You’ve got the basics down. I’m a fan of the terrain too. Though a 2D character on a 3D field is a little strange looking.

Not a lawyer, take this with a grain of salt:

To those worried about copyright, this is SEGA we’re talking about. They ain’t no Nintendo. They’re far laxer about fan games, heck even encourage it. Y’know, as long as you’re not stealing assets and/or trying to pass them off as your own, or trying to make money off of their IP. Not sure how that translates onto Roblox if you DevEx with robux since the actual money technically comes from Roblox and not the game itself… idk, I’m not familiar enough in that territory to give any sort of advice.

3 Likes

Thanks dude, yeah i been feeling the spindash is a bit off for a while now + i think its more the animations being sluggish rather than the actually movement, either way defiantly on my fix list… Nice sonic fangame yourself btw… you should def resurrect it…

1 Like

I loved the game, and the idea of 2D games in roblox. As in my opinion 3D games were better, in roblox there are far to many so I definitely viewed this game unique. It seemed that the chracter is a GUI, as it is hard to add a accurate control base on it, I would try to implement it a bit better. Other than that, I really enjoyed both the idea and the game.

1 Like

No the character is just a texture pasted on the side of an invisible block, what do you mean accurate control base? is there a problem with the controls? or do you mean sluggish like ShadokuSan?

TBH I have almost no concerns about copyright you only need to type sonic into the search to find tons of fangames… + like ShadokuSan said i dont think sega care, infact based on sonic Mania one can only assume they encourage it… besides i only have to replace 2 sprite sets and 3 textures to replace and then i own the rest…so i could v quickly convert it to a non sonic product if any legal stuff were to occur…

That’s so cool!!! Wow!!!

1 Like

Thanks dude :smiley: Had time to add a few more updates, hopefully removed the “sluggishness” its still defintly in alpha tho…

1 Like