Huge Voice Chat moderation issue

Dear Roblox Developer Insights bug team,

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that has recently occurred in a game developed by me and a group of friends. Our game serves as a hangout space for non-English speakers.

A few hours ago, while engaging with a player in my game, I was subjected to unwarranted verbal abuse in our native language. Consequently, I took the necessary action of banning this individual from my game for a month. However, to my surprise, I discovered that the player had reported me through the in-game report menu, alleging that I had “Sworn in voice chat.” As a result, my access to voice chat was immediately restricted for a day, despite my adherence to the rules.

I would like to clarify that I did not engage in any prohibited behavior during the incident. I neither swore in voice chat nor uttered any words that could be misconstrued as profanity in English. It is perplexing to me that my voice chat access was banned, especially considering that a similar situation occurred with my friend a few days ago. Regrettably, he was even less fortunate, as his voice chat access was permanently revoked, despite his impeccable adherence to the rules.

This appears to be an ongoing issue within our game. Any player who possesses voice chat capabilities can seemingly report others engaging in voice chat activities, resulting in unjustified and immediate bans. As a consequence, a significant number of voice chat-enabled users in my hangout game, approximately 80%, have either lost their voice chat privileges or are hesitant to communicate for fear of losing them.

I kindly request your prompt attention to this matter. It is essential that we rectify this unfair situation and ensure a fair and enjoyable experience for all users. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide to resolve this issue.

Link to the game where we experienced the issue:

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

27 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

11 Likes

In some ways I agree with you.
Moderation has been very good for anyone who breaks any Roblox rules that can be reported in-game.

On the other hand, I do believe that this affects many innocent people who suffer from “mass reporting”.
Recently some friends of mine lost access to voice chat if they even say anything.

This opens up space for mass reporting on players’ accounts.
Before it is fixed it is better to stay safe.

Thank you @lliliililililillliii for bringing this up!

4 Likes

This has been an ongoing issue for months, despite what game you are in.

7 Likes

This is a huge issue- reports seem to auto ban from voice chat. I documented my experience with this issue here and it received almost 50+ likes and yet Roblox has purposely ignored the problem.

Please acknowledge the issue and remove the false moderation history from those who you have unfairly banned. It is astounding that Roblox has ignored and left this huge flaw in their system. Not to mention the fact that appeals team refuses to review or provide any context

8 Likes

Please read this topic and all the replies for more context on the issue:

5 Likes

I hope Roblox chills out on the voice chat moderation, I’ve had 3 friends get banned and 1 got terminated when they didn’t do anything wrong, it happened twice to a friend who wasn’t even the one instigating a fight or throwing out racist comments. She reported the dude and he never got punished but she did?

If a sentence cannot be provided like how the linked post suggests should be done, people shouldn’t be banned so nonchalantly.

7 Likes

What you referred to in your topic was that they sometimes dont tell you the reason of having your voice chat suspended, but in reality they do
They tell you that you did break the terms of service and thats the reason behind the suspension, other companies tend to do the same, you just simply need to not break them.

but thats not the real problem here, the problem is that anyone is able to report whoever the like and get their voice chat access restricted (with a really high chance)

as much as I agree with your complain, it doesn’t matter that they don’t “specify” the reason behind a suspension as there are bigger problems on this platform, this is the last thing I care about.

6 Likes

Furthermore, in addition to my previous concern, I would like to address an issue my friend encountered. Unfortunately, he was unjustly suspended without any valid reason, presumably due to being reported or an error within the team’s AI voice chat system. I kindly request urgent assistance in resolving this matter promptly. It has come to my attention that several players are experiencing unwarranted suspensions, which may lead to a ban or permanent deletion of their user accounts.

Thank you :pray:

4 Likes

just wanted to remind you about this problem, since it still happens to this day, my friend just got his voice chat permanently restricted for this.

4 Likes

Can confirm it still happens to this day too, just got voice chat banned again for just having my microphone turned on in Neighbors.

Same here, although a while ago I have it now except I had VC Suspended AND a 1 day ban and I was doing was playing music without any swears (Must’ve been a fleetwood mac hater)

1 Like

When will you get it done? I just got banned again for no reason, I barely said anything at all.

3 Likes

Hello,
any updates regarding the matter?
It’s still a main problem with our and many other’s games

This is still a ridiculous thing. On my other account, for saying nothing in vc, someone reported me and I got a 1-day suspension of voice chat. A year ago, I got twice at the same time warned for vc for absolutely 0 reasons, but suspended till beta ended, as you can see, the vc as beta feature kinda finished, but my voice access is still suspended… Roblox moderation is the worst