Humanoid Description on a StarterCharacter

Basically what im trying to do is put the character’s clothing on this startercharacter.

I know that there is a way to use humanoid description but I just cannot figure out how to do it. Can anyone help me out?

Personally, I’m not using HumanoidDescription. I’ve chosen way, that script is checking off if Character Has Shirt Instance. If no, then they’ll created them and apply given ID to Shirt Template…

I would give a preview of my script, but it’s not possible now…

1 Like

How does that work? Would you have to morph the player?

It’s not complicated. It looks like this:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(player)
      local Character = player.Character
      if Character:FindFirstChild("Shirt") then
           Character.Shirt.ShirtTemplate = --URL Address
      else
          local Shirt = Instance.new("Shirt")
          Shirt.Parent = Character
          Character.Shirt.ShirtTemplate = --URL Address
      end

end)
1 Like

I think you need to add a HumanoidDescription in StarterPlayer and name it “StarterHumanoidDescription”. But this might not work.

1 Like

This is not the best method because it’ll require to add a lot of parameters, like Body parta types, BodyParts Instancje etc.

HumanoidDescription have ability to create Character using script function, but it’sll require, as mentioned above, adding a lot of parameters, which will be complicated if there is ready Model of Character…

1 Like

You can just add it and set it’s properties.

1 Like

@ChargedCoil
alr, here we go

local InsertService =game:GetService("InsertService")
local function GetTemplate(Id)
	local ShirtModel = InsertService:LoadAsset(Id)
	local Shirt = ShirtModel:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Shirt")
	if Shirt then
		return Shirt.ShirtTemplate
	end
end
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
	Player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(Char)
		local PlrDesc =  game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(Player.UserId)
		if PlrDesc then
			local Shirt = Instance.new("Shirt")
			local Template = GetTemplate(PlrDesc.Shirt)
			Shirt.ShirtTemplate =  Template
			Shirt.Parent = Char
		end
	end)
end)

not tested. if u have any questions/ any erros then feel free to ask
Edit: just tested and it worked on my starter character!!!

2 Likes

OP is asking to add the player’s normal shirt thats on their normal avatar. Something like adding the URL would be time consuming and pretty much impossible. You should use my thingy since it’ll add the player’s shirt that they have equipped on their avatar automatically

1 Like

I didn’t know that you’re going to do it on this way. Anyways, I’m happy that you’ve find a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah im sorry dude but I was asking how to put the player’s shirt and pants on the startercharacter, not putting specfic clothing on it.

its not putting specific clothing on, its putting on the player’s clothing. test out the code yourself

@ChargedCoil

1 Like

Huh I guess scripts don’t work if they are in the startercharacter and they only work in the workspace. Thank you!

haha its fine. I should’ve said that it was meant to be a server script lol