Humanoid LoadDescription characters not loading correctly

Hello,

I’ve been trying to design a winners podium system for my game.
However when I try to run :LoadDescription the character is not loaded correctly.
You can clearly see from the demo below when LoadDescription is loaded the first time, the character is loaded correctly. However, on the second time, the player loading fails.
Any ideas on why this would be happening?

Demo - Copy.rbxl (24.2 KB)

Here is the code I used:

for i,v in pairs(PodiumCharacter:GetDescendants()) do
	if v:IsA("Accessory") or v:IsA("Pants") or v:IsA("Shirt") or v:IsA("ShirtGraphic") or (v:IsA("Decal") and v.Name == "face") then
		v:Destroy()
	end
end
PodiumCharacter.Name = player.Name
PodiumCharacter:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):ApplyDescription(Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(player.UserId))

and you also delete that face and other objects, which makes it impossible to load HumanoidDescription a second time.

which means this part of the code makes no sense, because when you change the HumanoidDescription it’s changing id’s of accessories and parts etc automatically, it just removes objects where these id’s can be implemented.

for i,v in pairs(PodiumCharacter:GetDescendants()) do
	if v:IsA("Accessory") or v:IsA("Pants") or v:IsA("Shirt") or v:IsA("ShirtGraphic") or (v:IsA("Decal") and v.Name == "face") then
		v:Destroy()
	end
end
1 Like

If you don’t delete them parts, then the accessories of the other winner will be visible on the new winners character (on the podium).

it doesn’t work like that, if you change the HumanoidDescription they change automatically.

I just tested it on my demo world and you seem to be correct.
I’m sorry I swear I tested not deleting anything before and it didn’t work.

Anyway thanks for your help!

1 Like