Humanoid Related Welded Mesh Cape Causing Glitch

So earlier today I thought I would try to recreate a cool waving cape using Blender’s Cloth Simulation.
Ultimately I ended up with a 180 frame loop of the simulation which blends together really nicely.

Here is what it looks like without any welding:
GdUrjC3air

Here is what it looks like with welding to a middle part (not yet on the humanoid):
NKt6bOz2Eh

And here is what it looks like welded to the UpperTorso of a R15 Rig:
q1RybUQkOn

As you can see there is a clear issue but I’m not sure what it is.
The Cape Model comprises of ~180 Meshes comprising of a file size around 220KB. I believe the faces are around ~2000 faces per mesh.

The script used to animate this is a pretty simple script:

local i = 1
while wait() do
	local frame = script.Parent.Parent:FindFirstChild(tostring(i))
	local lastFrame = script.Parent.Parent:FindFirstChild(tostring(i-1)) or script.Parent.Parent["180"]
	if lastFrame ~= nil then
		lastFrame.Transparency = 1
	end
	frame.Transparency = 0
	if i == 180 then
		wait()
		i = 0
	end
	i += 1
end

Now this code works and I’ve already confirmed it’s not the weld script causing the issue with the Humanoid so I am wondering if this is an internal engine issue or if its an issue with my code?

This same issue happens to me when I run through frame by frame stuff, it just randomly disappears in some frames but is the script running from the server or client?

1 Like

I thought it could be a client / server issue so I made a new script to handle the transparency of the frames.
The new script is as follows:

local capesToRender = {}
table.foreach(game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage'):WaitForChild('CapeData'):GetChildren(), function(key, object)
	capesToRender[object.Name] = {
		frame = 1,
		cache = object
	}
end)

game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage'):WaitForChild('CapeData').ChildAdded:Connect(function(cache)
	capesToRender[cache.Name] = {
		frame = 1,
		cache = cache
	}
end)

game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage'):WaitForChild('CapeData').ChildRemoved:Connect(function(child)
	table.remove(capesToRender, child.Name)
end)

local function getLastFrame(capeData, i)
	local f = workspace:FindFirstChild(capeData.cache.Name):FindFirstChild(tostring(i-1))
	if f == nil then
		f = workspace:FindFirstChild(capeData.cache.Name):FindFirstChild("180")
	end
	return f
end

game:GetService('RunService').RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	table.foreach(capesToRender, function(charName, capeData)
		local lastFrame = getLastFrame(capeData, capeData.frame)
		local frame = capeData.cache:FindFirstChild(tostring(capeData.frame))
		if lastFrame ~= nil then
			lastFrame.Transparency = 1
			lastFrame.Parent = capeData.cache
		end

frame.Transparency = 0
		frame.Parent = workspace:FindFirstChild(charName)
		if capeData.frame == 180 then
			capeData.frame = 1
		else
			capeData.frame += 1
		end
	end)
end)

However the issue still persists.

It might be caused by load times (Roblox doesnt load meshes/textures unless they are ingame)

The quality of each mesh would dramatically increase load times try simplifying it, I would remove physics from it too just incase thats causing it (CanTouch/CanCollide false) You could also try cycling the mesh id’s instead of the meshes