Humanoid Scaling Has Changed?

I seem to have looked back at a game that I haven’t been working on for a year I found that the character scaling system has changed I use to use the values inside of the humanoid for scaling now I am lost and don’t know what to do.

1 Like

Ever since Rthro was added, they added new values to R15 characters in the Humanoid. image
BodyDepthScale:

BodyHeightScale:
BodyProportion/TypeScale:
BodyWidthScale:
HeadScale:

Not sure if this is what you actually meant. :confused:

1 Like

That was in my game but now when characters spawn they do not have those properties.

What rig are they? R15 or R6? :thinking:

I believe you can just manually add them in and they will work how they should. I am unsure as to why they do not spawn in with those properties though.

1 Like

I can’t find the thread now, but I remember discovering a while back that some character packages will not have some of those values inside the humanoid. An engineer replied saying it was intended behaviour, although I have no idea why this confusing behaviour is neccassary.

Regardless, just connect a script to CharacterAdded that checks for all the scale values and create them yourself if they aren’t there, it will still work the same.

Edit: Here we go, it was actually the ‘original size’ values, so it may or may not be related

2 Likes

Just to give an example of this in action:

You should check if the values exist inside a humanoid using FindFirstChild and then create them if they aren’t found.

local BodyDepthScale = Humanoid:FindFirstChild("BodyDepthScale")
if BodyDepthScale then
    -- edit the body depth scale value
else
    -- create the body depth scale value
end
1 Like

Alright, I will give it a try thanks for the help!