Humanoid shadows glitchy and weird

Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-15 20:04:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-15 22:04:00 (+02:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Apparently I caught this graphical issue and it seems to cause trouble around humanoid shadows. It looks like some sort of downsampling?

Current system specs:
Skärmavbild 2021-04-15 kl. 21.56.21

Expected Behavior:
I expected the shadows to be smooth.

Actual Behavior:
Edges are oddly downsampled/degraded.
Skärmavbild 2021-04-15 kl. 21.15.54

Workaround:
N/A.

5 Likes

may i ask which lighting technology is that? does floor has cast shadow flag? thank you!

3 Likes

Since it’s not my game and putting up the settings doesn’t change the shadows, and the world around doesn’t have any shadows, it looks like Compatibility from what I know.

I ran a test on Studio and it appears to impact:

• Compatibility
  • Voxel

I’ve noticed that humanoid shadows are always glitchy on compatibility so there’s definitely a problem with that. I have yet to find why it happens but I’m pretty sure there’s no way to fix it except changing the lighting in studio.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

After yesterday’s activity, the bug has been apparently fixed since last update. The shadows are smooth again in the two lighting technologies! Excellent!

:grin:

1 Like

Issue should be resolved. If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.