"Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Default clothing applied" warning clogging up console

There’s this warning that shows up constantly in the console server side. It’s a little bit annoying because it clogs up the console. Here is a screenshot:

Expected behavior

No warning that says “Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Default clothing applied”

4 Likes

Same happening here for us. Almost 200,000 of them were flagged in the last 30 Days alone.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hello, would you be able to share an rbxl file with a repro case for the issue, that will aid in our investigation.

Thank you in advance!

Use Humanoid:ApplyDescription() and provide and id that’s been content deleted/moderated

Last Day

Last 30 Days

2 Likes

Thank you for the extended context - we will investigate suppressing this message and update this thread once there is a fix.

4 Likes

A fix should be deployed (barring any last minute issues) next week.

5 Likes

Hello, this issue should be fixed already, please let us know if there are any issues/questions!

Thank you for your patience!

Out of curiousity, did you disable all Humanoid:ApplyDescription() related warnings or just the one listed in the title of this post? My game is still being greatly affected by this issue and it’s now gotten worse, so hoping this hasn’t been forgotten about.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, we have removed the spamming messaging originally mentioned in the thread. Are you still seeing it, or seeing additional spam? If you can help us out and share more details, we will take a look at making another pass on those messaged.

We appreciate your support and patience

Ah, there’s another warning that is almost identical to the one mentioned in the OP that clogs up my game’s console:

Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Some requested assets were not available

I can provide a repro file if you need but it shouldn’t be too difficult to find - it occurs for a similar reason to the original warning.

2 Likes

Thank you, we will follow up on this message a soon as possible as well. We appreciate your patience!

1 Like

we can remove that warning. Are there any other warnings causing you problems? If so, can you let us know the exact wording of the warning(s)?

1 Like

Thank you! Here’s all of the related warnings I’ve come across so far:

• Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Some requested assets were not available
  • Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Failed to load Pants, default applied
  • Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Default clothing applied
  • Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Failed to load Shirt, default applied

That should be all. Please do let me know once they’ve been removed. :smile:

Any updates on this? This issue is still plaguing my game.

the fix will be in this week’s releases

2 Likes

As of the latest release notes, this issue has now been fixed! Thank goodness :sweat_smile:

@nick_hz Reminder to mark this post or the one above as a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.