HumanoidDescription applies wrong client BodyColor

Hello,
I’ve recently been fizzling around with HumanoidDescriptions and so far I haven’t seen any post mentioning the following bug that I’ve been experiencing with them.

When setting any BodyColors on the HumanoidDescription and applying it on a loaded character using Humanoid:ApplyDescription(), the server Part’s color are as defined in the HumanoidDescription, however it seems like the client BodyColors are set to the nearest BrickColor.

Reproduction:
The bug always happens in both Website-Play mode and Solo mode, and can be seen every time by switching from the server to the client view and vice-versa. This bug has been happening for as long as I’ve been using HumanoidDescription, which dates back to 3 weeks ago.

Example:
To illustrate, I’ve set-up a Script in the ServerStorage which contains the following code:

local TESTCOLOR = Color3.fromRGB(106, 129, 81)

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(newPlayer)
	newPlayer.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(newChar)
		while newChar.Parent == nil do
			wait()
		end

local newHD = Instance.new("HumanoidDescription")
		newHD.HeadColor = TESTCOLOR
		newHD.LeftArmColor = TESTCOLOR
		newHD.RightArmColor = TESTCOLOR
		newHD.TorsoColor = TESTCOLOR
		newHD.RightLegColor = TESTCOLOR
		newHD.LeftLegColor = TESTCOLOR

newChar.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(newHD)
		local headColor = newChar.Head.Color

print("Original Test Color", TESTCOLOR.r * 255, TESTCOLOR.g * 255, TESTCOLOR.b * 255)
		print("Character Color", headColor.r * 255, headColor.g * 255, headColor.b * 255)
	end)
end)

The chosen color perfectly shows the difference between the Client & the Server:

• The first print shows the TESTCOLOR values

• The second print also shows the TESTCOLOR values which testify that the server color is correct

• On the server the color is the expected color:

• On the client the color is apparently set to the nearest BrickColor:

• When tested with multiple players on the studio, HumanoidDescriptions works as expected:

• Finally, when tested from joining the game by the website, the problem arises again:

Test place:
HumanoidDescriptionReplication.rbxl (21.3 KB)

Thanks !

11 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

1 Like

Hi there, I have this issue when I’m setting Body Colors from the server.
I update the BodyColors on mouse movement on the client (using a color GUI).
But when I close the GUI, I fire a remote to the server. So the server can set the color and material of the character.

Here’s what it looks like: https://streamable.com/r1ho0g

https://streamable.com/r1ho0g

Here’s another demo, just switching between client & server in a new game:
https://streamable.com/1sya6k

3 Likes

thanks for the info, when there is an update i will pass it on.

4 Likes

Hello, the bug is still occuring.
Are you able to reproduce it using the .rbxl I sent above?

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

4 Likes

I can confirm it works again, thanks for letting us know!

Yes it works perfectly now! Many many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.