HumanoidDescription.Face not working

The HumanoidDescription.Face is being changed to the correct int, but the face just stays the basic face

local HumanoidDescription = Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(player.UserId)
HumanoidDescription.Face = Accessories['Face'][User.Character.Face]
player:LoadCharacterWithHumanoidDescription(HumanoidDescription)

And the face ID is

Yet, my players face remains the bland face. So the HumanoidDescription is being applied

1 Like

I never really messed with the HumanoidDescription, but can’t you as well just change the decal object inside of the character which is the character’s face.

Player doesn’t load until all changes are made to its character. I’d think that the Face under HumanoidDescription would change the players face

1 Like

Have you tried doing this with other faces made by roblox?
I could be wrong here but I’m certain it only accepts faces which are made by roblox.

There are very heavy restrictions to HumanoidDescriptions and conventions you need to follow. Ones that this decal does not follow. I suggest you use the actual Joyful Smile and not someone else’s reupload for this reason, or ensure that your item follows conventions.

If you want to use a face decal with a HumanoidDescription, you must upload the decal to your own models. HumanoidDescriptions have asset usage ownership restrictions equivalent to InsertService. When uploading the face, make sure the decal is named face explicitly. Use that resulting uploaded ID.

Is this still able to work? I really need it and I cant find any info but this thread

1 Like

You could try this out yourself and get an answer faster than bumping a year-old thread and waiting for a reply. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It isnt working :frowning: Sorry for bumbing

You need to supply details about what you tried then if you are looking for help. I can’t be told that it doesn’t work without an full explanation as to what steps you took leading up to the issue and pictures to help the explanation.

You can try alternatives too, such as directly changing the face decal’s texture over using the HumanoidDescription face field for the time being while trying to figure out what went wrong in your implementation.