Humanoid:MoveTo()

What children must be in a model other than “Humanoid” in order to make Humanoid:MoveTo() method work?
I’m asking this because I tried using this method in a model I made and added only a humanoid to it and it didn’t work (no errors and no movement behavior), similarly I tried it on the default “Drooling Zombie” marked as high-quality and recommended by Roblox and it worked, so I assumed there are some aspects/characteristics/properties that need to be in my model in order to make “Humanoid:MoveTo()” method work

Other than that, you need HumanoidRootPart or a root part for the character.

I went about this by creating a normal part, resizing it to 0.001 and parenting it to my model, and referenced it as the HumanoidRootPart of my model in the script, yet it didn’t work, was that the right approach?

The other part missing is probably the head? I am pretty sure that is the necessary assembly of parts for a minimum requirement.

You need at minimum:
Head, Torso, Humanoid, HumanoidRootPart and probably setting the PrimaryPart to the HRP but thats probably not an issue

Like you can see in the function itself, it requires a Humanoid to execute the function :MoveTo() on.

The Humanoid API will tell you everything you need, such being:

• Assembly of BaseParts and Motor6D,
  • RootPart with the name “HumanoidRootPart”,
  • Torso Basepart,
  • BasePart with the name “Head” to be connected (in)directly to the torso BasePart.

Only then will the Humanoid work on the rig and only then will you be able to use the Humanoid functions.

1 Like