Humanoid:SetStateEnabled and ChangeState

Heya! Thank you for reading!
Quick question.
I ran into some weird issues while using the SetStateEnabled and ChangeState on Server. So I used them on client. I ended up with having a duplicate, setting the same attributes at the same time on Server and Client (just to be sure). Then I decided to delete them on Server and only use them on Client. Seems like it works… and I guess Im having replication on Server… Then I found this

What is the best method? Should I set those attributes at the same time on Client and Server? Or only 1 of them?

1 Like

Any changes a character does to itself with local scripts will always replicate to the server. That is why Roblox can’t detect speed/teleport hackers. If there aren’t any problems, I think what you’re doing is right.

1 Like

According to that post the SetStateEnabled its not replicated (and not documented, the post is old, so idk), and thats the first weird issue I had. Thats why I did it on both, Server and Client. Do I keep doing it only on Client?

Yep, changing it on the client seems to be the way to go. Also, I don’t think you will ever need to change the same thing, both on the client, and the server, at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you so much for ur reply! Yeah I dont think doing it on both is a good idea. I just get fooled and cofused by the replies on that post

Thank you c:

1 Like