I am confused by what this does

I found this module script and have been trying to use and modify it a bit, but I have literally no clue what any of these things do

export type VoxelModel<T> = --is this something like an object or class?

local OverlapParam = OverlapParams.new() -- something to do with overlapping parts?

OverlapParam.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Include -- something with raycasting?

Sequence = NumberSequence.new{ -- I have literally no clue
	NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0,0),
	NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(1,0)
}

Any help on understanding any of these things or what their purpose is would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The only thing I understand here is the numbersequence object. It just contains a graph based off of numbers. It might be easier to explain if I know whether or not you understand color sequences. Do you?

1 Like

If color sequence is the gradient thing then yes

it’s like a color gradient, but with numbers.

export type VoxelModel<T> =

This is apart of luau’s type checking (which is really self-explanatory for the most part) it just exports the type VoxelModel which has a the <T> in it making it a generic. If you want to learn more about that check out the official luau website Type checking - Luau (luau-lang.org)

local OverlapParam = OverlapParams.new()

Straight from the docs

The OverlapParams data type stores parameters for use with WorldRoot boundary-querying functions, in particular WorldRoot:GetPartBoundsInBox(), WorldRoot:GetPartBoundsInRadius() and WorldRoot:GetPartsInPart()

OverlapParam.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Include

Adding on to the OverlapParam question, this basically changes how the those WorldRoot functions will filter objects either excluding or including them in the operation.

Sequence = NumberSequence.new{
	NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0,0),
	NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(1,0)
}

Straight from the docs

The NumberSequence data type represents a series of number values from 0 to 1. The number values are expressed using the NumberSequenceKeypoint type. This type is used in properties such as ParticleEmitter.Size and Beam.Transparency to define a numerical change over time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.