I am new to Roblox Lua

Mark whatever helped you as a “Solution” so we can know what helped solve your problem! Anyway, glad to hear that you found a way to learn.

That would be a bit unfair. You guys all helped me alot.

Oh, then you could credit everyone and mark someone if you’d like to. Didn’t mean intend to take all the credit!

Alraight I edited my post with credits.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/user/PeasFactory/playlists He’s got tens of videos explaining everything in detail

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t start learning Luau (Roblox Lua) I would start using plain Lua. In general, when you start learning coding by using APIs you will rely more on those APIs than using fundamental code. If you are new to coding in general you really should start by making basic things with a Lua compiler. There are also plenty of Lua youtube videos that show how to use everything from variables to metatables. I’ll link one of my favorite youtube series for Lua.

After you get into that coding mindset then you should transition to the mindset for game programming and start learning about Luau APIs.

Beginner projects

Non-Roblox

• Simple program that asks your name, age, favorite food, etc. (Using io.read )
  • Simple program using ifs, else if, and else.
  • Make an auto number counter using loops.
  • Make a program that solves a math equation then stores it into a table.
  • Write a program that finds the first 10 natural numbers.
  • Make a number guessing game.

Roblox

• Learn Roblox’s APIs what they are used for, how to use them, and how can I use them.
  • Learn about local and server scripts.
  • Make a part rapidly change colors.
  • Learn and use basic tweening.
  • Make a script that can change your character’s speed, jump, or health.
  • Make a simple obby with kill blocks.
  • Make a cookie clicker game. (With or without datastores or leader stats)
  • Make a sword or gun
  • Learn and use remote events and how to use them securely.

Final Project

Make a basic simulator with a shop, working tools, and game passes.

5 Likes