Form factor: DIMM
Hardware reserved: 187 MB

Available 20.4 GB
Cached 20.3 GB
Committed 15.0/36.8 GB
Paged pool 1.5 GB
Non-paged pool 988 MB
In use (Compressed) 11.2 GB (213 MB)

This issue happens to both my brother’s PCs as well, we are locked out of the Roblox metaverse :frowning:

I used to have a workaround, though because I made the silly mistake of thinking that having a fresh install would fix another bug (i reported earlier today)… I ended up being locked out completely

https://twitter.com/Roblox_Omar/status/1722635069997679018

4 Likes

delete your temp files then restart your pc.
to delete your temp files: go to run and type one of these three parameters (%temp%, Temp, prefetch), then delete all of them.
then go to file explorer then “This PC”, C: drive, properties then disk clean-up.
then back to properties and press tools, then go to defragmentation(?), select C: and then optimize it.

Why would you need to do disk clean up and defrag ?

well, because that might be the cause.
also it frees your space.

Defragmentation can solve and mitigate problems, such as slow speeds, freeze-ups and extended boot times of a computer.

I’ve been having this problem on many computers. (My main pc, school pcs, friends also complaining about it not working at all on their computers)
The behavior is really weird.

As a workaround I launch RobloxPlayerLauncher
(DRIVE:\Users\ USER\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\ NEWEST VERSION )
which actually successfully installs Roblox but I’m not sure about studio.

I haven’t been able to even launch either Roblox or Roblox Studio unless I go into properties of the exe and turn on compatibility mode for windows 7 and checked run as administrator.

I went through a lengthy support email chain proving logs and info just to be told to use a restore point for windows even though it is mostly used by administrators and not by the average person.

All of the basic fixes like reinstall, temp file clearing, literally clearing everything related to Roblox even registry keys have 0 effect.

1 Like

Even with all the workarounds Roblox decides to crash without any notice at random times.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when there’s any update on the issue.

can you please submit log files while the installer is running ?
log files are in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Roblox\logs\RobloxPlayerInstaller_xxx.log, or RobloxStudioInstaller_xxx.log
Also, please uninstall any previous admin installation you may have.

Sent info via DMs, as it contains possible PI