I cannot drag UI objects around

Hello, I have been having a problem that does not let me drag UI objects around. Everytime I try to click on it and try to drag it. it deselects.
https://gyazo.com/69b865ae4cb1d4a82ada0a88691d389d
Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

I had the same problem too, but then I would just select specific UI I wanted to move in the Explorer tab. Then I could move it normally*

1 Like

Yeah there is no problem with selecting, the problem is when trying to drag it.

2 Likes

Same, its such a pain. I have to resize into the position i want, or move it manually with Udim2.

1 Like

No, I mean I select it in the explorer tab then I move it

1 Like

The problem is that I cannot move it.

1 Like

But idk why this happens in one of the games, it doesnt happen in toher games I own.

1 Like

Well I think you need to first select the UI in explorer tab then drag it. If not works then you should change position by manually from Properties tab Or maybe you can do it by choosing Mouse icon in home page and then dragging the UI

1 Like

(The cursor is way lower in the video but you get the point)

2 Likes

It is really hard and time-wasting to position the UI with the properties

2 Likes

Should I report this as a bug?

2 Likes

I would do some research before reporting this as a bug. :+1:

(30 Chars)

2 Likes

I figured holding Shift, then clicking on the UI (in the game itself, not explorer) then move a bit and release shift works fine

2 Likes

Sometimes this glitch happens when a part of the UI is transparent, or overlapping another piece of UI. Try this, and if it doesn’t help try reinstalling studio. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I do not think it is a studio problem since it happens in some games and in others it does not.

1 Like

Well, what i did was i clicked on those rectangles to make it bigger and then put cursor a bit higher than that and that would work. Or, make it bigger at the direction you want to move it before and make it smaller in the oppisite side. If that doesn’t work, thats a bug.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this is what is causing it or if this is just a workaround, but are your UI objects in folders? I had the same issue until I moved one out of its folder and that seemed to fix it. You should be able to edit them and them return them to its folder once you’re done.

2 Likes

No, they are not in folders. 30chars

It sometimes happen if the background transparency is set to 1. What I do is set it to 0, move it to where I want then set it to 1 again.

1 Like

Are you selecting more than just the thing you want to move? (like scripts) this might be the reason.

1 Like