I cannot join my own game

I am making a game, and it has always taken around 15 attempts of waiting for available server before i can join, but after a recent update that increased the map by a lot (smooth terrain), I cant even join my game because it just says waiting for available server forever. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

8 Likes

Have you tried using the Microprofiler while in Roblox studio in your game? That’s a useful tool to help find issues to loading and such.

From what I can guess, you have alot of smooth terrarin or parts in your game. You could try using streaming enabled to load parts only near the character and while walking throughout but it has some limitations such as using WaitForChild.

3 Likes

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox. If that does not solve the issue, you likely are overloading the memory of the client or server somehow. Without more info of your place, I cannot determine the actual source.

Also, if your game has no active servers, it will take time to open them. Try joining from a different account while someone is already in the game.

2 Likes

I have had the same issue a couple times. Sometimes shutting down Roblox fixes the problem immediately for me, while other times I have left for a few hours and when I came back to try again, my game was running fine.

1 Like

How large exactly is your map? Are you able to run other games? The game is probably queueing a large amount of terrain during the initial snapshot.

Why does everyone always jump to “reinstall” first…

3 Likes