I cannot move parts the way I want

Have a look, this is super annoying and I would love to know how to fix this.
New systems are weird… This is another newer windows 11 laptop. The machine I mainly used was win7 and the disk failed on me recently. It worked amazing no issues at all. I love the older systems for reasons just like this, - a fresh install of studio.

3 Likes

On the Top go to Model there are 2 Boxes 1 For Rotate and the Other for Move, change the Move to 0 Studs and you should have something like “Free Move”.

Just try a bit arround.

1 Like

Select the corner of the part you want aligned and drag it to the part you want it to touch.

Try doing this: low quality video alert

Yeah our just adjust the studs. Free Move is actually pretty annoying cause the parts never fit then perfect together

I think there are Plugins for that.

why do I have to download a plugin now? I do not want a plugin I want it to work right how it was before

Why do they have to change everything? I will try that but if that the was the issue somethings really wrong….

I cant control my parts or scale anything like I could on win7 this is a brand new fresh install

A plugin for changing the stud amount in Studio? Nahhhh I dont think so. Why should something like this exist?

You dont have to install anything.
As you can see in the picture by @Nordgraben, you can adjust the “Snap to Grid” settings.

You will have to divide them by 2 as it seems in the picture so it fits together and turn Move on like it is NOT in the picture.

To make that understandable:
When you for example build with 0.5 studs and you make your part size like (1.55, 1, 1), then with 1 studs you will never be able to get these scales (except of course you change it in the properties). You would always be on (1.6, 1, 1) or (1.5, 1, 1) in this example.
The same will happen when you for example build with 0.25 studs. Make a a part with these studs and scale it a tiny bit more and you may get like (1.525, 1, 1) in size and you cant reach these scales with 1 or 0.5 studs.

But with scaling a part, you are also always changing the position and there is your current problem: Change the scale of a part with 0.5 studs and the position of the part will be like (1.55, 1, 1). If you make another part with 1 studs and try to make it fit with for example the “Move” tool, then they wouldnt fit together.

So how to fix that?
In your future builds, try to stick to one single studs setting, it makes life easier. The method that @DiscoDino01 provided is also completely correct. But you could also just try to adjust your studs setting.

Hope that helped

1 Like

You mean its like Buggy right? I’ve seen a Plugin with that you can make it Perfectly Fit.

No its not buggy, it was never buggy.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.