I cannot renew my roblox premium. When I try to renew after waiting 2 days, it says "3042: A recurring subscription already exists..."

Reproduction Steps
Microsoft Edge browser, I switched my credit card with my bank recently and bought recurring premium but now it expired and I cannot renew it. “3042: A recurring subscription already exists with this account. Please wait until it expires to make a payment for renewal. If you have any questions, please contact our customer support for further assistance at help.xsolla.com.”

It says " Monthly

Renews On: 1/2/2022" when I am trying to buy it, but I do not have premium and haven’t for the past 2 days.

Expected Behavior
I expect to be able to purchase premium with my new credit card

Actual Behavior

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-01 01:12:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-12-02 00:12:00 (-05:00)

4 Likes

3042 on the xsolla site registers this as a “sorry, we couldnt complete your request” thats the end of it sort of a response. Try a VPN or contacting their support :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a bug similar to this a few months ago. I did a few things, I’m not sure which one was the fix so I will just list what I did and you can troubleshoot from there.

1. Try resetting cookies. If you don’t want to reset cookies on all sites then only reset them on Xsolla (the thing Roblox uses to handle purchases) and Roblox (you can Google how if you don’t know). Also worth mentioning you should have cookies enabled
  2. If your connected to a VPN, disconnect and try again. If your not connected try connecting to one.
  3. Disable extensions and/or antivirus programs that might be intercepting the purchase for whatever reason (Includes AdBlock)
  4. If all else fails, buy a Roblox gift card and add the balance to your account, and then try and purchase with your account credits.

And also worth mentioning that contacting support would be best if the above don’t work because support can manually disable your subscription for you and attempt to fix it.

I submitted a ticket on xsolla, hoping they can help!

Thank you too Spiral, I will probably just end up buying a Roblox gift card temporarily and trying to reset my cookies.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Of course, thank you so much too :slight_smile: I have now found a workaround for the issue temporarily by purchasing a Roblox Premium gift card.

1 Like

We believe this was a one-off minor discrepancy. If this issue starts recurring please file another bug report.