I can't find how to save the texture

Hi, I make a model in roblox Studio, I want its texture, but I can’t find how to save it

1 Like

What do you mean by ‘saving the texture’? I’m confused.

Png (5)
like this, I want to do it in my own model

Upload it to roblox as a decal and copy the ID and paste it into the texture ID.

Keep in mind they most likely made the model out of roblox parts and it isn’t a mesh.

@iKaranTR if the above is true, have you tried converting your model into an .obj file, opening the file in 3D software, and mapping the texture on your model? It’s the only way I know works, but unfamiliar with texture mapping. You can then import that model into roblox again, this time with the texture. The way by @ItsNathanity will work just fine.

Take this as a quick answer, I can’t test how well this works right now.

I don’t really understand too much about what you mean, but if what I’m thinking is the case, here it is:

Right-click on the model you want to save the texture as, go down and click Export Selectionimage
then locate the folder you want it in. I have no idea what you’re using it for, but if you don’t want any usage with the .obj file you can delete it. After that the texture should be right beside the obj file.

Correct, but you can’t upload it to Roblox without the file upload. What I think he means is how to get it into his files.

I know it, I can transform my model I want to convert to mesh, but its texture is not visible, so I want its textures, you will understand better in the pictures below.

Roblox Model

Mesh

I’ve tried it before, it saves with other file formats like fbx but I need png

1 Like

If you intend to use the model inside of Blender (or any other software of that kind), you’ll probably have to separate your model to the different colored parts and apply the materials in Blender. There isn’t any way to unwrap the texture of a roblox model as far as I’m aware.

Edit: A texture will pop up when exporting a character using the Load Character plugin.

1 Like

Use this link: https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset/?ID=

and paste the TextureID at the end. Copy and paste this into your browser and it will download a weird looking file. Drag that file into a separate browser tab and the image will display on a page by itself and you can download it!

1 Like