I can't play any games or uninstall Roblox

When I try to join a game, this prompt pops up…

Then when I try to uninstall Roblox, I get a similar prompt.

This has been happening since yesterday and it’s really annoying because I can’t launch any games. When I do click continue on the First Prompt, it shows me an error message in the client.

Edit: When I open RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe it shows another error message.

Edit 2: Also happens when I try to open Roblox Studio.

Edit 3: Windows 10 app seems to work fine.

2 Likes

Possible firewalls or other security measures not allowing you to access Roblox? What browser are you using.

Fairly certain this has nothing to do with firewalls. I’ve had the same issue numerous times.

2 Likes

It’s not my browser

2 Likes

I’d never normally suggest 3rd party software especially for uninstalling stuff but I’ve had issues removing software before and ROBLOX and I find iObit’s Unistaller software helpful may help you to at least uninstall it and try re-installing. I’d always uninstall that also after but keep it if you want but it occasionally (like every 9 months may pop up with ad to buy Advanced System Care)

The program works by asking the program to uninstall itself nicely and if it doesn’t play ball it goes ‘right u lil shit’ and virtually erases it from your computer entirely by force and if it’s in the registry at all it will find it. I get weary about anything changing registry but I’ve never gone wrong with it

I’ve used it before and it’s pretty neat, but I’m pretty sure that’s the program that started installing other software of theirs eventually. I just wanted the uninstaller, but after a few months other software they make “mysteriously” appeared on my system.

I would definitely recommend uninstalling the software after you’re done with it.

Yeah but also check the installer because the bury things in that to install advanced system care also. I’d block it from internet access if you wanted to ensure it didn’t try to get anything else.

I’m still having this problem even after I used that uninstaller.

It’s really weird that it’s trying to fetch setup.roblox.com/version, that’s a really old version check URL and I think we even removed the code that checked it recently. Looks like you’re stuck with an old version.

Try going to %localappdata%/Roblox/ and deleting the Versions and Downloads directories and downloading the latest version from roblox.com and re-installing.

2 Likes

When I reinstall, or attempt to, it still throws this in my face :frowning:

CCleaner is a good program to use to uninstall stuff that aren’t uninstalling normally.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

This has worked for me with other applications.

This problem is still happening. It would be nice if I could talk to an engineer and get help from them since info@roblox.com is just telling me to reinstall & restart my computer.

Is AntiVirus Software preventing Roblox from accessing the internet?

nope

you might have to do a full reset, but thats only if worse comes to worst. I would advise trying to use roblox in safe mode if you haven’t already.

how

use safe mode?

I did that and it still didn’t work

I factory reset my PC and everything works fine now. I didn’t wanna do it, but I had to do it to 'em.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.