I can't see a ProximityPrompt while I'm editing it

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to edit proximity prompts. This is because proximity prompts only appear at runtime and not in edit mode.

Currently, I have to make changes, test the game, then stop the test to make more changes. Rinse and repeat until it’s done.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to edit proximity prompts without having to repeatedly test the game.

9 Likes

I don’t personally think it’s that much of an issue.

1 Like

I agree that this would be a simple way to improve the quality of life as a developer that is dealing with ProximityPrompts

Can’t you Parent it as a BillboardGui under a part? They are essentially the same thing, it renders when editing and is a easy workaround.

This doesn’t appear to be the case.

You parent your Custom proximity prompt as a Billboard. If you want to edit Roblox’s one, you can do it like this:

1. Start a test session
  2. Go near a proximity prompt to make it visible
  3. Copy the Prompt located in Players>Player>PlayerGui>ProximityPrompts
  4. Stop the test session
  5. Paste the prompt into a part

I could technically do that but this should really work in Studio the same way other objects (particle emitters, billboard GUIs, etc) do.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with this, there shouldn’t be a need of workarounds for this, and a setting in the ProximityPrompt like ShowWhileEditing would be great!

3 Likes