I created a simple RTGI system: "Photon Global Illumination"

I’ve been interested in the topic of Ray Tracing for a long time. I implemented the reflection technology, and now I’ve been able to implement a simple addition of an ray traced and realtime global illumination.

The system isn’t the best, but I was able to achieve whatever I tried.

This system will be available for sale, but not only with global illumination but with a whole package that includes more things, such as an Lighting Object Creation Framework (similar to Roact)

Compared to other global lighting systems, this one works with “Future” (Not in the best way, but it looks decent.) and others technologies.

Test on “Future” lighting technology

Test 2 on “Future” lighting technology

Test 3 on “ShadowMap” lighting technology

As you can see, the system not only creates a more natural lighting, but also improves shadows.

“Future” Lighting video test

What do you think about this system?

2 Likes

I think it looks good but you mentioned you were going to be selling it? May I ask when you plan to put it for sale and how much your asking price will be?

The release date will probably be in a few weeks, and the price I don’t decide, but I will make it as low as possible!

1 Like

This is amazing! Could you explain how it works?

The system casts a ray from the camera, detects an object hit, and gathers details. It then verifies sunlight and other light sources using additional rays. Finally, it temporarily creates PointLights to simulate more realistic lighting.

1 Like

this looks amazing! can i ask when you will release this since it’s been more than a month?

NaNo Reality Lighting (BETA) - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

I posted it here

1 Like

This RGI system looks great! Nice job on it! How long did it take to make?

1 Like

Thank you, it took me about a week to do it.
It was really a long process, full of bugs but it was worth it