I don't know what game to make

SO, I am new to scripting but I have already found out that I can do a lot with what I have learned and I have also learned to build pretty well from my past years on Roblox and now I would like to make a game to showcase all of my abilities as a Builder and what I have learned so far about Scripting. There is only one problem and that is I have no idea what game I should make, I am open to everything that isn’t Anime related, or Sci-Fi.

1 Like

Don’t make a game then.

I have plenty of fun just making random things by themselves, for example:

• Wind system
  • Quadcopter
  • Sneaking system
  • Wall running system
  • Vehicle Chassis
  • Beyblade

If you’re struggling on inspiration, take a mechanics from one of your favourite games, make it and then try and improve on it.

The cool thing with this is, although you end up with a lot of random stuff, if you make them modular (can be used independent of each-other), you can more easily create an experience or game from them.

For example, I could use the quadcopter and vehicle chassis I made to make a “Drone vs Car” racing game, with an orbital camera.

Keep it simple, keep it fun.

1 Like

Okay, so I’m not that Advanced…

Neither am I, that why I made random stuff to get better. ^_^!

I have no idea how you would start any of that stuff, like no idea at all.

I get what you mean, I really do.

The parkour system I mentioned was one of the earliest ‘functioning’ systems I made, but really I cheated in making it.

Basically, all I did for that system, is:

Once you learn more about what you can do in Roblox Studio, the more you’ll be able to ‘picture’ how something works.

Have fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Roblox is your own imagination, your imagination has no limit. Create anything you want! :tada:

You probably have been playing roblox games before developing right? Then of all the roblox game you’ve played, try to find a unique game idea that’s different than all others.

Good luck! :smile_cat:

1 Like

What I do when I don’t have an idea for game is just recreate a concept that I’ve seen in another game(on Roblox or not), and see if I can do that. If I succeed in the task fairly easily, then that’s great! If I get stumped or don’t know how to exactly carry it out, I would just look around to see how one may create it. If I need to learn a new concept, then that’s good too as that just adds to my knowledge of Lua.

Maybe just learn some concepts so that when you have a game idea and you are ready to execute it, you may just have one more thing under your belt that you can use.

1 Like