I don't receive any alerts when a player asks to join my group

Reproduction Steps

Have a group with setting “user requests must be accepted to join the group”:

Get a user request to join your group.

Expected Behavior

I would need to receive some notice (email, message), to know that someone is waiting for approval to join my group.

Actual Behavior

Two users requested to join my group.
But I didn’t receive any notice or email about these requests.
I only knew that these users had requested to join my group when I manually visited the requests:

Workaround

I need to be constantly visiting the link to see if someone has asked to join my group.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: FactoryBlox - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

4 Likes

I think this is a feature request and not a bug report as I’ve never seen it to send any kind of notice when there is a new join request. Also if it is a feature I haven’t seen any setting to turn it on.

3 Likes

This is the first time I create a group and I found it very strange that I didn’t receive any alerts.
Does it mean that I currently have to manually keep checking the group/members/requests link to see if someone has requested to join my group?
This is not very practical.

1 Like

Yeah that appears to be the case unfortunately.

(Although if you’re skilled enough you could theoretically code a script to check it every so often but that’s a bit outside the scope of this post since it can get rather complicated.)

2 Likes

An email/message for this personally would be too spammy, as for larger groups it’ll just contribute to the overall inbox spam problem (like GDPR requests, trades inbound/countered), even if they could be toggled. It would however be nice if it showed a subtle red icon like (2) next to the requests page to show how many requests need to be accepted, like we get on other parts of the website.

If you need to check it so often, it may be better to use the automatic join feature, unless if you have certain criteria to check, which a script/bot could possibly be a better idea.

The idea of join requests is for it to be pending until the owner can check for manual invitation, like I’d often check my group requests every day or two and accept them.

1 Like

On top of this, many groups with manual approval are set up with the intention of users never getting accepted into the group since there’s no way to just ‘lock’ a group, getting a mass of messages to join the group would be unwanted.

1 Like

@11MR_BOB made a good point about implementing programmed bots into it.
There are certain Discord-Roblox bots that can allow you to control your Roblox group or even your Roblox game just by clicking in discord! Or of course, you could also add a survey system which automatically grants the player access to the Roblox group upon completion.

There’s quite a lot of bots made for things like this, but maybe you’ll have to program some aspects yourself to adapt it into your situation better.

2 Likes

I think this spammy issue could be circumvented if a message was sent every 7 days, stating that there are users requesting to join your group, instead of one for every member.

This way you don’t have to open your group settings to see if there are requests, and you won’t be flooded with messages if your group has high traffic.

Also I think the root issue here is how flooded messages get, a filter or control panel for that would be nice. :wink:

I think there should be a toggle for email notifications for people that don’t want to receive emails when a new member joins the group.

Any old forum has the option for you to check or uncheck the type of notification you want to receive (email, screen, etc).
It wouldn’t be difficult for Roblox to implement this.
But even if this is not done, a simple alert added to the icon of existing notifications would be enough.

1 Like

Like the group name change notifications? You want the group join notifications to be similar to this?

Thanks for the report! This is intended behavior, would you mind submitting a feature request? Gonna close it out.