I found an anti cheat that can detect IP and uses it for banning

The anti cheat is obfuscated, it can detect my IP
Where should I report this to? I think I should wait for a Roblox Staff
I don’t think this is the correct category but I don’t know where to post

7 Likes

i don’t think it detects your ip, it simply just sends a request to ip-json and prints the ip of the server; the ip of the server is the ip of you since you are in studio don’t quote me on this though.

3 Likes

After that I searched ‘what is my IP’, it showed exactly the IP in the output

2 Likes

Is it outputting an IPv4 (192.168.1.0) or an IPv6? (2601:0000:000:000). With today’s standards, anything IPv4 is usually a private IP and is spread among many users with no trace.

2 Likes

From what I can make out of the package, a large chunk of space is for what appears to be ASCII encoded bytecode. I don’t know enough about LUA internals to be able to tell you more.

If it’s real, then someone either found a hole or something undocumented which allows them to access other parts of the client memory…like the network buffers. I wondered what would happen if someone were to somehow change the address of a table and access something they weren’t supposed to.

1 Like

It outputted an IPv4 _______________

Then no need to worry, it contains zero information about you. (plus knowing IPs can’t exactly do much, mainly used as a scare tactic to those who don’t understand how they work)

1 Like

I thought IPs are used to know the location of an user? Also do you have any idea on how the module do it?

give the anti cheat so I can deobfuscate it ez

1 Like

Sure
AHAX ANTI CHEAT.rbxl (396.3 KB)

did you read what i said??? i said roblox studio hosts the server on your ip so the server’s ip is your ip

1 Like

Oh sorry, I think this anti cheat detects your IP in studio, but in game it only detects your HWID

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.