I got blender! and I don't know how to use it!

So I just got blender so I can use it to make icons. But, I have no idea how to use it…

Can someone please help me?

You can put a #resources:community-tutorials topic (I tried searching).

I can’t even move around…

1 Like

We aren’t going to make a tutorial for you when there’s hundreds of videos already.

6 Likes

Hi! Basically, when I first downloaded Blender, I didn’t know how to use it. I recommend using Blender PaintRig3. To know how to use it, I found a very helpful tutorial, I’ll link it here: ROBLOX BLENDER 2.8 GFX/RENDER TUTORIAL || RIG AND HDRI || (2020) - YouTube.

To move around click: Shift `, it doesn’t work like studio. Watch the whole video, it’s very helpful. Also, because messing around with lighting is hard, I recommend using this website:

It’s amazing, you don’t even have to worry about using the lighting. I also add a sun and put it at 140 degrees and turn off the shadow, it makes it look amazing!

If you’re wondering how to put HDRI into blender, there are many YouTube tutorials. I would explain here but it’s too elongated to explain. Here’s a tutuorial:

Put it on transparent so you cannot see the background, I am not sure if it gets explained in the tutorial.

I hope this works! If you need any free photoshopping apps, I recommend Pixlr which is free and does not need to be downloaded, or paint.net, something I use occasionally.

Here’s how it turned out for me using all the things I listed up above:

Good luck on your GFX, if you ever need feedback, I recommend posting it so people can tell you your rooms for improvements. Hope this helped!

4 Likes

Watch this tutorial it may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBP-7x7Chc

1 Like

Hello! So there is this helpful channel called Blender Guruu Check out this video, which explains everything about blender 2.8, if that is what your using:

If you want to follow his tutorial, watch all the videos in the playlist!

3 Likes

Sorry if I’m dumb, but I don’t know which keybinds to switch (can’t find them). I already have the Preferences window open.

1 Like

Quick reply before I go off, watch Blender Guru’s tutorials as @ScytheSlayin suggested, he’s literally as his channel’s name suggests. Watch from the start of one of his Blender 2.8’s series.

Have fun!

1 Like