I have no idea how to start a turn-based chess-like table top figure game

So I’m trying to make a turn-based, tabletop chess-like game. Roblox has never seen anything like it made on such a large scale.
But I have no experience in scripting. I am experienced in all the other fields, thankfully.
I’m trying to hire a scripter to do the scripting for me, but no good scripter takes a percentage, and because of the Talent Hub’s fiddly system it’s really hard to get help on this game.

By disclosing this information on the forum I am trusting that nobody is going to try and steal my idea because they are able to.

I’m hoping to be able to make a turn based, figure game using ROBLOX characters.
I’m basing the main system off an old, discontinued mobile game that I was very sad to see go.
Here is the game I’m basing on
And here’s a video

As you can see this game would have tons of potential if made in ROBLOX, since there is an infinite number of new content that can be added to it. And an equally infinite amount of ways it could be monetized and make lots of money.

My initial plan was to make around 200 figures and a few maps, then call a scripter and show them the work to motivate them to help me

One of the figures I made

But I realised that this would take Ages and since scripting is the only skill I can’t do myself, I decided to give it a try before I went to look for a scripter.

Sadly, I have no idea where to start - I’ve only scripted basic things in python and processing Javascript, and I find Lua very tricky to grasp.

I was hoping some good people would be willing to help me to make this dream into a playable reality.

Xenonic778

EDIT: Just to be clear, I’m not trying to hire someone to help me with the game, I’m asking for perhaps some help with learning how to do it myself.

Also would this be too complex for someone with no experience? Should I just hire a scripter?

3 Likes

Great game idea! Would love to play something like this.

Though this probably belongs in #collaboration:recruitment. Good luck on the project!

2 Likes

Just gonna say it, my roblox character should be used as a figure cause im amazing it shall be called Top Hat Guy Uses top hat as a weapon yup and this is a great game idea. I suggest learning how to improve in scripting unless you want to hire a scripter. Either one would work! I would help with the maps and stuff but Im pretty busy. Friend me, when I have time, I would help

3 Likes

I mean if you have “no experience” then it would take longer to learn lua and roblox’s luau(unless you can learn lua very very quick) rather than creating the game. (considering optimization)

2 Likes