I have terrible rendering/ping when testing my game

These issues don’t happen to other games, I tested out jailbreak and it runs perfectly. I get 60 ping and no loading issues

Im wondering if theres something I can do to fix this?

1 Like

Is this while your in studio? Or in roblox

Could be memory leaks, bad scripts, unhandled objects and more. Make sure you don’t have any unwanted or poorly made free models in your game.

Probably just your specs, check the task manager and see if it’s really Roblox using up your resources?

I’m also working on a game that generates huge ammounts of terrain and it also has some issues when rendering it at long distances

in roblox. I published the game and tested it through roblox player not roblox studio.

I was testing my fps

It was not.

I have a GTX 1060 which is more then enough for roblox

The only scripts I have is the car.

The only free models I have are ones that roblox made from there city people cars demo.

And wym by memory leaks or unhandled objects.

Ya I hope we can figure it out.

Even jailbreak doesnt face this issue and they have way more terrain then my game

Memory leaks are when scripts are using memory without needing it, such as variables that are only used once or not disconnecting events that don’t exist anymore. If you want a more in depth explanation click here and here.

Unhandled objects are the same way as memory leaks but not with variables and such but rather with instances like parts. For example, a script that is making 1000 parts for no reason would be 1000 unhandled objects. Nothing happened to them besides being created. The more instances Roblox needs to handle the lag the game will receive.

These might not be the cause to the problem you are having but it is still good to check. Hopefully you get your game running a little bit better soon.

Hi thanks for the explanation I found the issue with my game!