I keep failing making games

Everytime I wanna make a game it always fail. Everytime I wanna make something it always fail. I’ve made 3 games and it isn’t even good. What y’all do when this happens? I lack of ideas. I need help people! I need to know what should I do when I’m out of ideas and keep failing on my game?

7 Likes

One of the first things to get out of the way is what you define as failure. Failure is subjective and the definition and criteria of failing can change depending on who it is being asking. Since you’re the one asking, it would be helpful to know what you see as failing.

Regardless though, whatever you deem as a failing quality of your game, you’ve done so three times in a row so what you’re going to want to do, instead of looking to newer ideas, is to assess your past failures and use them as a learning experience for the future. Find out where you went wrong and compare that between your other titles. Where did you improve, if you did at all? What can you change for next time?

If you’ve faced a negative outcome consecutively, then you need to do an analysis of your previous titles and use those as a basis going forward. If you are constantly meeting failure, then you are not positively iterating upon your titles. If you do not improve, you will continually run into the same pitfalls.

19 Likes

Analyse what is the cause of the failure and take notes in order for improvement in the future

1 Like

Okay! Thank you!:blue_heart::purple_heart:
We will try to not Fail again, by the way,
Hope you like the bloxy awards if you see this! :love_letter:
Happy 7th Bloxy Awards!!

2 Likes

BINGO. My first game (And the countless unreleased ones before that) could be seen as a failure because it ultimately died down. While I recognize that it didn’t necessarily live up to what I would’ve wanted, I NEVER tell anyone it failed. I always say that it gave us invaluable experience as to how to actually make a game, and that’s something you can’t get any other way. (See Liftoff - A Case Study)

The thing is, you NEED to fail. It sounds corny, but NO ONE gets a successful game in their first tries! Especially if you’re very new to game development, you need to mess around and get familiar with the market, engine, playerbase, etc. I first started in studio 6 years ago and, yes, it took me THAT long to get a firm grasp and understanding of Roblox.

Failure is okay. It’s up to YOU to decide what to do with it. You need to take a closer look at exactly why the games failed, compare to similar games that haven’t failed, and use that information to make yourself better.

5 Likes

You dont want to stop! Go play yout own Games, Invité your friends. Make every week of 2 weeks a nee update. You can to sponsor of advertise your game to be make a Nice start! So you make a slow start with game developing!

1 Like

lol me to bro. What I have to keep telling myself is that I have a great game. I also like to plan it out in immense detail. Nothing can ever be perfect, but you need to be positive! If you’ve already made 3 games your already way better at developing than me lol! Just keep trying and believe in yourself!!!

3 Likes