I live in Asia but Roblox thinks I live in Europe

Now, before you get angry at me for not putting this post in the right category, mind you that I’m not a regular and I’m unable to post in bug report category. If a staff sees this please kindly move this post over there.

So I try to play Roblox to play with my friends, but for some reason I lag so much, which has never happened before. I get about 500-1000ms of ping. I tried all sorts of solutions to this problem, like trying to restart my router, uninstall and reinstall roblox. I don’t think it’s an issue on my internet because other games work just fine with stable ping. That’s when I started suspecting Roblox mistakes me for another region.

With that in mind, I try to join an EU server, and hey, it worked. I get 100-200ms in EU servers. Now normally I would tolerate this, but the thing is I’m trying to play with my friends and they’re all Asian, so I wouldn’t be able to play with them if I’m stuck in EU server. I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how to stop Roblox from thinking I live anywhere but where I actually live.

• I don’t have any VPN connection on.
  • It’s still the same both in browser launched roblox and microsoft launched roblox
  • It happens in every game
1 Like

Yes, I agree with you ping in Roblox very, very bad I have a friend who plays a European server in another game and ms as one of the maximum 50 and Asia 0 But if he enters Roblox, it becomes ping150-130, the problem is from Roblox, not from the Internet, router, company, etc.

1 Like

even if roblox were to mistake you for another region, i don’t think that explains why you’re not getting good ping in asian servers :sweat_smile:

this most likely sounds like an issue from your ISP, having a bad/slow network route to roblox’s asian servers, specially if your friends are also from asia and not experiencing this issue

Roblox servers are generally very bad.

1 Like