I made a custom Hightlight feature!

I just got bored and I made the Highlight feature that they’re releasing soon (I hope). I think it turned out pretty well. I made an outline to it but it looks really bad when you have the fill transparency set to like 0.5.

The system I made might be very bad for performance since I am cloning all the parts every frame.

Heres a video showing what I managed to make:

11 Likes

Wow, this is really cool! Good work, keep it up!

1 Like

time to use this feature to implement esp into my game
your highlight work is very customizable and creative, great job!

1 Like

This is really neat, how are you able to see the highlight when your behind the part?

The highlight is rendered on the UI layer meaning it’ll be rendered over everything

ViewportFrames :).

Correct! It was actually really simple to pull off. :smiley:

I made a similar thing some time ago. It didnt had a stroke effect though. Wouldn’t be that hard to implement.

But viewports frames only work in UI though, im confused how your positioning it correctly

I don’t have to position it because the Viewport camera changes cframe as I move around. The Viewportframe renders the character from the same perspective as the player’s camera.

1. Create a viewport frame with size 1, 0, 1 ,0.
  2. Assign CurrentCamera to current player’s camera.
  3. At every frame clone every part into the viewport frame (this is not very performant way though) and destroy previous parts.

But where is the viewport on you screen though, like where are you hiding it

@xSwezan , @NeoBuilds Oh what the heck I get it now, hm seems less impressive now that i know how it works though

Yeah its less impressive when you get it because its so simple, but I had just never thought of it until now.

1 Like

It gets a bit more complicated if you want to add an outline. The way I make the outline is I create a new viewportframe and scale the parts up a bit. This is a bad way to do it because if you have a transparency on the fill color it will render the outline behind.

Why not just render them in one frame?

I don’t render them in the same because before I scaled the parts up, I scaled the viewportframe up. So I had to have two seperate ones. And thinking about it now, I don’t know if it’ll work in one since how would I render the outline behind the fillcolor?

1 Like

EDIT: The highlight feature is now released and this system is a total waste :smiley:

3 Likes

YAY! That’s AWESOME! Now we can make our games much better! =)

1 Like

Not bad! I’ve been recently working with the new Highlight feature and I was hoping that it would work with meshes in a Viewport Frame but unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be a working feature yet…

1 Like

That’s really cool! How did you go about this, if you don’t mind me asking?