I made a fake Web Browser and is it allowed?

So I’m making some sort of Operating System and my first program to make is Google Chrome since I do used it a lot.

However, I stumbled into a question that Is it allowed to make these kinds of things? Although I’m afraid that it is since all of the sites that are available are handcrafted by means they’re filtered and only selected sites which are also on the social links.

Discord and Twitter are an exemption because I read their TOS and only 13+ (18+ for Twitter) can use their platform.

Here’s the list of the Websites I created:

• YouTube
  • Roblox
  • Spotify

thats the only sites I think it’s allowed (not sure abt the spotify still)

So coming back, Is this make-pretend Web Browser allowed?

18 Likes

this is actually quite impressive. If it is just a web browser then it is not an operating system though as an operating system is the program that makes the system actually work. If what you are saying is that you copied the websites such as youtube and roblox and then put them up on servers online then yes this would technically not be allowed. If what you are saying is you made a website that looks like it or something like that and you uploaded it to a server for the internet then that kinda falls in a gray area but i would think its ok. If you are saying that it is just a web browser then you actually did not copy the websites but you made a functional web browser and that is 100% ok. Making a functional web browser is actually how other web browsers such as Opera gx and Brave work like any other web browser.

6 Likes

the browser is part of the operating system, so I think what you’re saying if I copied the specific website design and integrated it onto my own browser that’d be not allowed? right?

4 Likes

Yes, a fake web browser is okay. It may start to be illegal if you fake the login screen on roblox, but you probably won’t do such a thing!

This is very creative and clean looking. Good job!

6 Likes

Yeah, as long as you don’t use any real company names/URL’s.

That aside, this looks really clean, good job!

5 Likes

I love the “Roogle” name! - Looks good and I don’t see any reason it would not be allowed as long as you don’t use real company names / URL’s / Logos as mentioned above & you don’t ask users for sensitive information.

3 Likes

This is allowed - As I know of.

A popular game named Fort Loredo- Fort Loredo - Roblox

Used a in-game browser to search for vehicles to spawn and stuff.

Now if you can search inappropriate things, then it’s not allowed.

1 Like

You’re allowed to use personally created or free to use assets that aren’t copyright claimed. Otherwise a DMCA claim will take down your game (because brands are stupid they’d claim your game with stolen assets instead of letting it exist even if you using their name actually gives the brand exposure depending on how you use it). You’re not allowed to use links to external websites that actually work as Roblox only allows that in the special link api boxes under groups, games and in your profile. I’d shift to using this only for personal use or copy from a free to use community created theme. In other words, be unique, be creative.

2 Likes

Amazing design! Could you share the link to the game so I can test it?

1 Like

I’d like to but it’s actively working on!

oh ok, i gonna be patient while you finish!

2 Likes

As long as everything is censorered it should be allowed

3 Likes

i think no, not everything should be

Web Browser Progress! :bell::sparkles:

Picture above displays the different website that listed when you search a term. Sadly these are just a display and placed down to purposely immerse users.

I did what you guys suggests, No real internet browser all custom, No real company/brand name, Absence of all inappropriate materials including texts, pictures, and websites. Thank you guys for help! :cupid:

I really like the outcome of this, superb UI - I’d love to try it in experience when it’s deployed!

1 Like

only if you remake the website then yes it is not allowed however if you open the website on your custom browser then yes it is allowed.

superb, superb, superb! and once again, superb!

Hello guys! Thanks for all of the support for this project! Look and check the latest progress!

I made some working UI Background Blur!

2 Likes

sorry for bumping, But this is designed very well! it looks real and the same windows 11 UI Blur.

This is a really cool design there!