I made a flying simulation!

The animations were also made by me. I’m thinking of making a flappy bird style game off this, called flappy blox. Let me know if you’d like to see a game like that on roblox.

17 Likes

This looks really cool and could be used for maybe a flappy bird inspired game or some type of platformer! Good job on this :clap:

EDIT: I also think if you want this to be more polished and realistic, having a better animation that’s less snappy would do just this, but it does look good as is. (This also depends if this can work with R15 since R6 animations are limited in a realistic aspect)

2 Likes

Thanks! It means a lot. :smile:

1 Like

This is very satisfying to see! Also, it reminds me of Flappy bird. It’s really well made and I like it! :+1:

2 Likes

I love the idea, seems like a fun game and definitely something I would check out! I only have two cons that I can think of, first what @desinied said about better animations, couldn’t agree more I think if you added a bit more realism and smoothness to it then you could take it a long way. Also my 2nd would have to be the speed of it, I feel if you added a bit more forward velocity then it would definitely add an challenge that might just get people to stay and get addicted your game/prototype. Cool project though! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats pretty cool!
If you turn this into a game, I’m going to suggest making multiple animations. Like players can get skills, and then the animation might be a flip, or some one-hop deal.

Cool idea, definitely keep experimenting!

1 Like

The flying animation is ok but a bit unnatural, try to increase the amount of movement to the legs and the arms (Add more keyframes).
Also, the game concept is not that great since it sounds really boring in the player’s perspective, I suggest you should add some minigames (Soccer in the sky for example), rather than just flying through the hoops.

Overall, it’s ok, the animation needs to be improved, and just try to make the game unique rather than being unoriginal like other simulators.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I decided I’m going to make this a more flappy bird kind of game because I don’t really like the flying through hoops idea.

1 Like

Very simple, I like it. I hope you do better than this in future!

I like the premise and it can be used in many different games, maybe you could add some particle effects to the jump itself, I don’t assume you are going for realism here so it would definitely add to the script. You could also change the jumping sound to be something more like a wing flap. Very nice job however and I can envision the sort of games it could be used in.

1 Like

Hey,
it look cool and also funny in my opinion. the Animation of the “Flying Animation” it look the same with the “flappy bird” and also it was really good remaster of it. and the final description you tell in this topic was making a “flappy bird style”. i was wondering it gonna come out pretty good. before i left this topic i wanna know something…

1. how long it will take you to make the animation go well?
  2. when the game “Flappy bird” gonna finish?
  3. what do you gonna name the game after the result are done?

i think that all for now and i will see you in the next reply…
Seeya!

1 Like

Wow!This looks awsesome

That is great idea.

1 Like

Love it! Keep up the work. This might become popular.

2 Likes

Before you read, i want to say you did a pretty nice job. However, you should lower the gravitation so the player won’t fall extremely quick

1 Like

I assume you mean adding the finishing touches to the animation and making it look more smooth, that probably won’t take more than a day.

I’m not entirely sure, it’s a relatively simple concept so maybe in a few months it will be in beta.

I actually said in the topic, I’m thinking of naming it flabby blox.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the advice and feedback, I took away a few ideas and things I should change.

1 Like

Also make the game 2d.Then the game will look more good.

1 Like

…Why do I find this very funny

1 Like

It’s not a simulator, just an example of a flying system I made.

1 Like