I made a roblox tycoon dropper

What do you guys think? should I add anything? Also, I uploaded this on Roblox Studios and why does the color become white? :frowning: pls help i tried exporting as fbx and obj

3 Likes

I like how this dropper looks.

:smiley: thanks~! This is like the 1st dropper i made.

Really? Because it looks amazing!

1 Like

It’s great! Since you are there, see if you can clean up some of the geometry and try your hand at PBR textures. Specifically, I see places where vertices could be merged:

The shape looks perfect!

2 Likes

ah ok wuts PBR im not a super pro at blender lol

Blender can be hard to use sometimes. I think.

LOl u can say that again…XD Im still confused on some stuff.

Well ive never used blender so yeah.

1 Like

Short answer: textures. But for Roblox it means taking advantage of SurfaceAppearance and indoor reflections which a nice shiny machine like yours wants!

Basically, it’s the next phase of learning blender. You get a good shape, then you add the right texture.

1 Like

oh ok. do u know how i might transfer my model without the color actually disappearing in the roblox studios?

If you are using textures, yes. If not, the color gets lost, but there are still tricks to make it easier. There’s a few required steps.

1. the texture can only have one image. If you want roughness or metallic or normal images, you add them later with SurfaceAppearance. Keep it simple!

1a) Each part should only have one material. This is basically the same rule as 1. The good news here, is if you don’t have a texture, you can color the parts in Roblox and everything is restored.

1. All parts in blender should have the same origin. I’m no longer talking about texturing, but trust me on this! :slight_smile:

2. export the whole model (all parts) to FBX, with the settings below. This ensures the image is in the FBX file. Import into Roblox.

If you did everything right, you can then import the model, with all the parts in the correct place, each of them with the correct texture (or at least separated so that they can be colored in Roblox).

2 Likes

Ohhh ok thanks a lot. This is very helpful.