I made a semi-realistic Darth Vader in blender

Rendered in Cycles

240k verts+

this is my 6th blender creation.

in all his glory

I want some feedbacks on it, it might not be the best but I’m workking on it.
The anatomy is a recreation of Spider-Man PS4’s body.

My most complex project yet!

I’m looking on ways to improve the cape and the materials.

32 Likes

His helmet is a bit to shiny to the point it looks a bit like glass, that is my only suggestion other wise it looks awesome! Also which version of blender did you use to make this, 2.79, 2.8 , 2.9, because i’m trying to learn to model but idk which one is best to use.

2 Likes

From a beginners standpoint, it doesn’t really matter. Most of the features that are different are much more advanced tools anyway.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea I agree, I’m new to blender so I’m still trying to figure things out. I used 2.83 I recommend using 2.9 if you’re starting out.

1 Like

I’m scared of that face.

Thanks for giving me sleep paralysis. (joke)

1 Like

Model looks great! However, I’d change the stance to something more less awkward and more interesting. Also get rid of that noise :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the noise kinda hides some of the clipping xD

2 Likes

Wow, you actually made a life-size version of Darth Vader, that’s super cool.

As for his glory, may the force be with him and us all

2 Likes

“Lord Vader, can you hear me?”

Amazing job! It looks great!

1 Like

You’re on a great path! Keep posting your creations here. Looking forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like it a lot, the shadows are REALLY good. Also the cape, keep it up

-A big star wars fan

Looks amazing! Only things I could find that were probably even supposed to happen, were the way the upper and lower arms and legs sorta look akward as they meet. I cant explain it, but again this was maybe meant to happen. Still though good job!

I love the shiny armour makes it feel way more realistic, great work man keep it up! :+1:

That’s amazing! But as Annapower_girl22 said, his helmet is too shiny. It almost looks as if its from a comic book pasted onto the photo

Looks cool! It looks like a toy lol but the helmet is waxed weekly that it shines so bright