I made a small low - poly fantasy map

Hello, I recently started using blender again, and I would like some feedback on this low - poly fantasy - style map build.

Thank you!

Pictures

10 Likes

This looks decent. You should add some bushes, grass and change up the trees a bit. I’m not sure why you added a well in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

Good ideas! I will add bushes, could you specify “change up the trees a bit”, in what way should i changer them. I added a well because it is meant to be fantasy styled.

It means use different trees. The whole map is just one tree placed everywhere with some rocks.

Changed the trees and used a plugin to randomize the size

Edit: This is what it looks like as plastic:

2 Likes

While it does sort of fit the fantasy look you can always mix some other height of mountains to create more elevation onto your map, have you tried adding variation into the trees to make the area feel more appealing the style and theme should fit well with its proper details and formations of details.

Try creating more smaller mountain pieces and add some rock formation into them so that it adds variation creating like a stairs areas with different props surrounding the area. You can think of other ideas when needed try decreasing the vegetation look, because it doesn’t look good try adding buildings or add your own layout design to your fantasy map to add some depth to area.

I’d also recommend adding some more environmental plants throughout the map such as mountains - variety of trees and more. I’ll attach a image to get an idea on what I mean.

3 Likes

Thanks for your in-depth review and feedback, I will take these ideas into consideration and keep working on making it better. Thank you

I have created a few more models and changed a few things. Thank you again for the amazing feedback, its helpful to see it from another perspective. Here is the updated version:

Plastic

HD

3 Likes

Looks good. The surrounding areas with there normal and proper props make the map look more improved and realistic in a way. Add some different formation of trees so that it reflects a good variation put into the map. If your wanting to keep it like this you could probably look into adding little fantasy details fire places, wooden boxes. I can see that the lighting reflects those vibrant colors.

In terms of the build itself, it’s good there isn’t much problems with it however if you feel like adding more props you could always search fantasy maps and view what details they have and try incorporating them into your build. You could also add a lot more detail in some areas as well experience with different selections and see what fits best to you;

2 Likes