I made an escape obby game 2018 style

here is the game link: Escape Billy's Room Obby! - Roblox

would you like to play my new game and let me know your opinion of it?

1 Like

I think this is boring game. You can add some monetization, gui interface and more checkpoint effects. I not think this game is good, but it maybe liked for kids or for who wants to nostalgise (small amount of players). This game probably doesn’t be popular

1 Like

I appreciate your opinion, maybe I will update something that is more exciting I think

1 Like

The thumbnail with DenisDaily seems just like a clickbait thumbnail. Were you trying to imitate this or something as a theme for your game? :joy:

Otherwise, I would recommend adding some emojis in the game’s title. Add a description to describe what’s happening in-game, the objectives etc.

:sunflower: Suggestions/Bugs:

1. You probably should add some dialog with a NPC who has the same objective as the Player. Letting the Player jump right into the obby just feels slightly off, going without any sort of action or clear storyline about the game.
  2. For Stage 10/11, I feel that a more natural way of letting Players teleport is needed. For the teddy bear, you could just place a hole in it, while for getting out, you can place a more realistic portal out.
  3. For Stage 23, please use the Move tool to move this Decal part against the wall flat:
  4. For the ending, I feel that it is slightly anti-climatic. Sure, I didn’t expect it, but most players would probably be expecting to successfully escape, so having this might disappoint some because they got caught in the end.
  5. Add some sort of badges! They’re a good way to engage Players, and can be used whenever Players find secrets around the game, or just for completing the obby!

There isn’t really anything else I wanted to say about this. Without Suggestion 1, the game feels slightly empty and more like a generic obby, without any sort of story to engage the Players in. There are still rooms for improvement though, so just try your best to improve!

2 Likes

do you think it’s going to be a good idea if i make an ending which player will escape by completing an extremely hard obby (it’s the boss’s plan)?

1 Like

I mean, I don’t see why not. Most obbies whether old or new, will somehow end the obby by letting the Player escape. However, you just have to make sure that it fits the vibe of it being a 2018 game.

1 Like