I made *another* cartoon mimic building - how does it look?

Okay there is this show called Molang… I really like it’s art style so I made the character’s house in ROBLOX, but I couldn’t get it quite right… I know what it’s missing but it’s a tad bit hard to fix. How does it compare to the real version?

6 Likes

Feedback

Carefully observing the imagine, you may see many differences.

1. The bunny ears present in the reference image are much smaller than the ones presented in your build and as you may see is subtly orientated inwards.

2. The door present in the reference image possesses for what appears to a door handle, a interior reassessment of neon white and what appears to be a water drop shape of the same colouring. Your door does not possess such.

3. The roof present within the reference image gradually becomes thicker as it reaches its peak. This contrasted the regular increase present in your build.

4. The windows much more subtly come out of the cyan thing within the reference image in contrast to your windows that much more blatantly come out.

5. The window present on the right hand side within the reference image is much more circular than the window present in your build.

6. The curtains within the reference image is much less prominent than the curtains present in your build.

7. The things present in the reference image are lighter in colour than the things present in your build.

Good start though.

4 Likes

It looks really good, really well built, I would recommend the following however to maximize your cartoony effect:

• Tweak the lighting, try removing shadows, adding tints etc.
  • The door can be improved, i would recommend either adding a texture or making a seperate mesh for the door.
  • Lastly, the windows, they’re very well made however just a minor adjustement you could make would be to make it so that the edge of the window (blue) lines up with the window sill (purple) as in the picture.

Otherwise, this is a really good build and is really well done

2 Likes

Hey I know there’s a lot more to add to it, but I don’t really know where to start. Thank you for pointing out the ears and curtains, I didn’t notice those!

It looks quite good from the start, and I like the shape you are trying to go for with the reference image above. However, I would fix a bit of the building itself before adding more details to it.

The windows could be improved, a little more as seen in the reference image you’re going off from I would try making the windows a more of an oval like shape connecting onto the stool that’s underneath the windows try making it a wider size as seen in the reference image.

And the window on the right as seen in the reference image doesn’t show it has Mutin or Sashbars on the window as presented on your build, I do believe you’re trying to change things up on your creation which is fine!

Overall, the door shown in the reference image is connected to the building while your’s have a white neon part in the back of the door, I would try either creating a little door frame or adding details to it instead of it being plain. You could possibly add some door panels: Anyways, this is a really good start though, I would possible start on improving your build by fixing some of the parts on the house that has been suggested above.

1 Like

Looks great! The only thing you could add are highlights on the windows like in the reference you used. also weren’t you one of my mutuals on twitter :thinking:

1 Like

That was my instant thought too. Hi :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure I had you friended at some point in time too… I may have unfriended you by accident. Thanks for the feedback though :smiley:

1 Like

Great job i actually don’t see anything wrong with this Good job!

1 Like

it looks really nice! good job!

1 Like