I made this virtual emulator for a CPU in roblox!

My Roblox name is Jon, I have been making games for 4 years now and I would like to show you guys a recent project of mine.

Yesterday and today, I have been working on a virtual CPU on Roblox
I was wondering if I could get feedback and such. It would be great if you guys tried the programs and make y

our own and gave me feedback!

!!! IF YOU DOWNLOADED INSTRUCTION SET COPY.RBXL, THIS IS OUTDATED, I HAVE PUT THE NEW FILE IN ITS PLACE !!!

RBXL File:
instruction set.rbxl (69.4 KB)

Here is the instruction set:

LDI Register Value -- loads the value into the register

TRI Register1 Register2 -- loads the value of Register1 into Register2

ADD (Register or Value) (Register or Value) DestinationRegister -- adds the 1st and 2nd value and puts it into Destination Register

SUB (Register or Value) (Register or Value) DestinationRegister -- subtracts the 1st and 2nd value and puts it into Destination Register

JMP Label -- Jumps the program to a certain label, like a function

JMPC Label Register Value -- -- Jumps the program to a certain label if Register is equal to Value

JMPN Label Register Value -- -- Jumps the program to a certain label if Register is not equal to Value

If you don’t understand the instruction set, I can help you with it.

Programs:

Counter:

loop:

add r1 1 r1

jmp loop

Powers of two:

ldi r1 1

loop:

add r1 r1 r1

jmp loop

I will provide more when I get the time!

Have fun with it!

Just For fun: how cool was this?

• AMAZING
  • Cool!
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Not Good
  • I COULD DO BETTER!

0 voters

1 Like

I’m working on a similar project to yours. It’s really similar to assembler, I didn’t know simulation was possible in lua, but now I’m on the disk project.

Hey! Sorry for the LATE reply, but can you explain more about it?

(Btw the instruction set copy file is outdated and doesn’t include the jmp instructions) Whoops!