I Need an Opinion on this Room

I’m happy I could help! I would apprecite seeing what the room looks like after you added the shelves (if you don’t mind of course)

1 Like

Ha! I am a huge Mark Rober fan I have been watching him for years and this is one of my favorite videos I have watched it many times. He is actually the reason I even know what escape are. But thank you for the recommendation :sweat_smile: @Blackmole111 I will get that picture to you. I am on a different computer right now so I can give it to you in about an hour. :+1:

1 Like

the grey shelves and the brown coffee table is mine. I know it is pretty basic but this was my first time importing into roblox so I tried it out with something small. Here are the pictures:

Here are the pictures:

Looks good, especially the small brown table in combination with the lamp. You’re probably aiming for a basic design, but adding a material or color to the shelves wouldn’t hurt. Not sure how that would turn out though. But over all it looks good :grinning:

1 Like

Ya I couldn’t really get a good material on the shelf so I’m still playing around with it. Thanks so much for your support in this topic. :grinning: This is just the first level of a escape room so I am not too worried about it.

quick question:
are you using the items or objects from toolbox? made by others?

Most of the stuff is from toolbox ngl but the shelf and coffeetable was modeled by me on blender. :grinning:

Okay, thank you for replying.
Here’s the thing:
By using other people’s things, no matter how close it gets to what you want, it’s never going to be perfect. By making your own, you can decorate and mess with it however you want. Also, tbh, i think you should remake the shelf and coffeetable in roblox studio. I’m not saying it looks bad (because it looks great), but by making it in roblox studio, you get more access to detailing the objects. Also, many people don’t realize this, but you should start learning to build precisely. By this, I do not mean too much details for photorealism (unless you want to), what I mean is taking real life objects, comparing them to in game objects, measure the ratios and stuff, and voila.
Sorry if this was a bit confusing. Basically, Make your own stuff, don’t use other’s, and learn to insert real life object measurement ratios into roblox studio.
PHEW that took a long time to write haha.
Also, are you planning on using this room for a game, or is this just your learning process?

1 Like

OK Wow, first off congrats on writing all that down. I understand making my own is better I will probably move on to doing that. I can see where you are coming from when you say that it is better to make it yourself. For example with the couch I wasn’t a big fan of it but I still put it in. Don’t worry about saying you don’t like something, like my coffee table and stuff like that because that was just me experimenting. I will take your advice and start modelling Studio. Yes I am making this into a game but I have no idea if I will publish it or not because I have a lot of other ideas too.

1 Like

If you are making your own game and you are considering to make it famous, make your own things, unless the toolbox object is extremely fitting. Note: This is only a suggestion, obviously not a command.

3 Likes

The reason I stay away from them is because:

• Some contain backdoors (if you aren’t careful enough)
  • It doesn’t always fit well with the rest of the game since it is created by a different person

I would say it is common looking room. People say to be aware since lots of these have backdoors. A friend of mine had a group and the devs found out there was a backdoor.

1 Like

It’s really empty, it has plain texture, and looks like just a bunch of free models surrounded by blocks.

At least make a different interior wall instead of a wood floor and bricks.

I’m not saying that you used free models, but rather you did of didn’t, people can tell.
Most games that use only low poly models are usually pointed out.

And what is the room?
No offense, but I’ve never seen a room that is just a desk and a lamp pretty much.

@devinkid1 I always check my models for any script or anything that might be used to exploit, and I think that it is true for your second statement. I have already started modelling my own things. @TheChasingBoy Look at the pictures later in the topic. I was going for an apartment photographer. :grinning:

1 Like