I need feedback and ideas for a scary game map

I’m working on a map for a scary game, and these rooms look bland and empty. I need some advice for what I should add. Thank you.

Ignore the lighting.

6 Likes

Hey!

Really good start. If you want to spice things up, I’d consider the “details of the details.” For instance, maybe something is spilled on the ground, or a light in the hallway is flickering, etc. They seem like tiny edits that won’t do much, but when they all come together, it will literally transform your game.

4 Likes

Thank you for this advice. I will add this to my game soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
It looks nice!
You could add moss and cracks in the wall,some dirt around the columns vines through the walls, holes in the ceiling, things like that help alot while building a horror game

3 Likes

Oooh, that’s a good idea. It makes the hallway more run down and stuff. Thanks for the reply! :smile:

2 Likes

You can make half-crumbled paving stones, newspaper sheets,cracks on the walls,in some corners jars of paint.

Another good idea for decoration, thank you!

1 Like

When does the game come out? And when can I play it?

Me and my friend have been working on the game all day, it might be a while till the game is done and also our first scary game so it might not be good. But ill keep you updated :slight_smile:

First, let’s think about the environment, is it in a sewer? If yes, alright.

To make a good and spooky sewer map, we need to think of good objects like old toxic barrels appearing the liquid and some flick lights. There’s many ideas that you can think, try getting inspirations in games or movies that have a relation to this environment like Pennywise.

And also let’s not forget about textures. The more details, the more spooky and interesting it’s going to be.

For the final part, is the lightning. The lightning needs to be in a night time like 00:00:00 or 00:19:50 + try playing with the values of the Fog and other settings from the Lighting.

And that’s all my suggestions! Hope you can improve a lot.

1 Like

Where’s the image? I’m not seeing it.

1 Like

I updated it, you should see the images now.

1 Like

Heres an update of the game. Anyone got any ideas what u could add.

Here’s another update on the scary game. :slightly_smiling_face:
book room

3 Likes

Looks pretty good! I’d recommend changing the places of the books on the bookshelves to add variation and make it a bit more realistic so it’s not just 3 of the same model. Maybe add a chandelier (nothing too fancy though) above the table or a lamp in one of the corners. Add a painting or two, and you’re all set!

1 Like

I’d suggest adding mold and moss growing along the wall, maybe even a bloody grip print on the vault door handle, and even though you said to ignore the lighting you should definitely work on the lighting since that can sell its scary factor greatly. One of the biggest fears when it comes to horror is the lack of knowing what’s there.

1 Like

For me, I wouldn’t let in any sunlight, and make some transparent parts with purple lighting for that creepy effect :smiley: (Just don’t make the light too bright if you add them.)

1 Like

Okay thanks for the idea :slightly_smiling_face: